So, to catch up... Day 1: I'm thankful for my beautiful healthy child. I read and blogstalk and know so many people, who weren't and aren't as lucky as I am. Juliet is beautiful and healthy and growing. And I'm thankful to my Heavenly Father to loaning her to me. It's almost been two months, and already my life has been changed forever. Juliet has come in and taken over and she's growing so well and learning new things each day. She is holding her head up really well most of the time. She is smiling like a champ. She seems to have more control of her flailing limbs and appears to be moving them with purpose, minus the still frequent punch to the face (because really, who ever means to punch themselves in the face on purpose?) She is sleeping well and is getting a pretty good daytime routine down too (at least I assume she has a similar routine at the babysitter's that she had this past weekend) I'm starting to also work with her to "self-soothe" herself back to sleep. And I think she is catching on rather well. I just love this girl and all that she learns each new day.
Day 2: I'm thankful for my husband. He emptied the diaper genie today without being asked. He works hard and studies hard and is constantly trying to think of ways to help provide all the things that his girls will ever need. We don't always agree on things and I know I often have tunnel vision, but he is patient and loves me just the same. And he is such a good dad to Juliet. She loves to just sit with him, well minus the times I'm at the theatre and she loves to practice her screaming for him.
Day 3: Today I am thankful for our job/jobs. It's true growing up, when asked what I wanted to be the answer was almost always a mom. I was fortunate enough to have my mom home with us while growing up and when she did start working it was at my elementary school so she was still home when I was home, and I wanted that too. (Of course there was a time in 3rd grade, I wanted to be a roofer. That of course was BEFORE I didn't help much, but helped a little to redo our roof and then that job was off the list) Yes, in an ideal world, I would love to stay home with Juliet, but in my real world that's not in the cards right now. So today, I'm thankful for a job and a second job that I like. I like my coworkers, I like what I do. I am so very blessed to not have to dread going to work each day, and that I am able to help provide the things our little family needs right now. I am thankful that Bryant has a job with great benefits, that we can provide insurance for us in case of sickness or injury. I'm thankful that he is again working at home and able to have a job that allows him a small amount of time to work on homework and to be able to stay on top of his schoolwork.
So there you have it a small look into Elisha's list of gratitudes. Get excited, I'm going to do my best to keep it up each month.
And for those who read the blog to see the pictures, maybe posting daily (at least Monday through Friday, I can't guarantee the weekends) will also encourage me to share daily pictures, most likely of the child and unrelated specifically to that day's thanksgiving.
Also, to catch up on everyday things. I mastered the baby bath giving the other day and there was no I'm cold or I hate this screaming! We'll see if I just got lucky that day or if I really have it down when I give her, her bath tonight. For Halloween, Whit's mom let us use a cute little pumpkin sleep and play outfit. She looked adorable and everyone loved her of course. I brought her to my work for a short time and then we hung out with grandma and grandpa J that night. Also on Halloween, at grandma's house, Dorri got stuck in the banister railings! She could fit through, no problem, when we first got her, but has since packed on a few pounds. Luckily Bryant was able to pick her up and push her through so they didn't have to take a saw to the posts. Unfortunately, (especially since everyone and everything is fine) there were no pictures taken and I didn't get to actually see her stuck. But I did take a few cute pictures of the baby this week so, especially for you non-facebookers, enjoy!
Our Little Pumpkin
Bundled in, ready to go
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment