Day 5, 6, 7 and 8 with numbers like that I feel like I should be dedicating this post to dancing, but I'm not what one would consider a dancer, so instead I’m going to dedicate this post to my friends…
First some quotes
“Friends are the family we choose for ourselves”
“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true
friends will leave footprints in your heart”
“Your friend is the someone who knows all about you, and still
likes you”
“Friendship is one mind in two bodies”
And of course-"I get by with a little help from my friends”
And so that I still cover 4 days of thankful, let me attempt to categorize and specify and hopefully not leave anyone out.
First off, (and because I’ve already talked about the boy best
friend, otherwise known as the husband) let me take a minute to talk about my
other best friend. She’s had a few posts dedicated to her over the years. We
are now all grown up or something. Sarah lives in a different state with FAR
too many states in between us. Life gets busy and I don’t call or email as much
as I should, but that doesn’t matter I know that if I ever needed to talk to
her, she is always going to be there for me. When I was getting ready to have
Juliet she said even though she knew she couldn’t afford it, she still looked
up to see how much flights were so she could be here for me when I gave birth
the Juliet. I love her for that. I love that in fifty days, will be in the same
state and that she will get to meet my little girl. I love her for the advice
she gives, and has given. I often can pull on words she said to me in the past
to get me through something I may be struggling with. I love her for her heart,
for her knowledge and for her crazy love for some ugly shoes. And I love that
she can pull off wearing said ugly shoes. Sarah came into my life and no matter
where are lives lead us now, mine will be forever changed because I knew her,
and I will always count her as my best friend.
Next up, I’m thankful for my theatre friends. I would say a good
95% of my friends probably fall in this category. They are kind and loving and
look out for each other like family. Well at least the good ones do. Last night while working the show at Hale, I
was feeling frustrated and emotional and could no longer hold everything in. So
of course I was crying out of frustration, and two sweet girls were there to
talk to me and care for me. They weren’t having the best days themselves, but
they put aside the cares and take care of others. I hope that I am that way in
their times of need and will be more proactive in watching and supporting my
friends. The theatre friends have brought us dinner and cared for us and love
our family and I am forever grateful for all of them. This also includes my friends that I have met
while performing in shows. The bonds that
you can make can easily stretch beyond closing night in a good
production. I will always be grateful
for Footloose, that brought both Jon and Derek into my life and for the support
they have been to be over the years, and Footloose round 2 for strengthening my
friendship with Jon and for giving me Robin. And that Robin and I now we can be
moms together and share stories and have playdates with our little girls. I
will always love my show sisters that I was blessed to have years ago when I
performed in Little Women. Those talented women (and men) touched my heart and
I will always be a cheerleader in their corner. As I said before, the theatre
can probably account for 95% of the friendships I have and I’m thankful for
everyone of them.
That segways into the next group, which will call my old friends.
These are the people I’ve met in high school or that I formed friendship with
what seems years ago. Ali and Natalie have been at both my wedding shower and
baby shower. It was through Natalie that I found the lady who takes care of my
princess for me, and I love being able to run into her on occasion and to see
her little boy and read her blog on the wonderful family she is raising. I love
that Ali and I can talk like months or years haven’t passed whenever we see
each other. I love the goodness and spirit
these girls have.
And lastly, I’m thankful for my “lost friends.” People that came
into my life, made a sounding impact, taught me lessons that I needed to learn
about myself and then left with just a footprint on my heart and memories to
treasure.
So there you have it. My friends, old and new have helped to mold me into the person I am. They are such a big part of my foundation and I learn so much from them every day and am truly blessed to have them in my life.
And now for the pictures of the day.
Friends: Clark and Juliet
Juliet tried her best to flirt with Clark
Nap time with Daddy.
She often sleeps with her little hands out like this and I love it.
I don't know why this picture is sideways but in keeping with the friendship theme: Man's best friend and hopefully Juliet's best friend one day. Here she is after playing with one of her best friend's: Grandpa after mowing the lawn
.jpg)
1 comment:
What a sweet post Elisha! I am grateful that we are "old friends" too! We have had so many experiences together in the past that have made us who we are today. I am grateful for your friendship and the kindess and love I feel from your family whenever we are all together.
It is funny how some friendships we will always have and how when together we feel like it hasn't been months since seeing each other. And on the other hand, like you said, our "lost friends, these people were only our friends for a brief moment in our lives if only to teach us something. I am so glad that we are still friends today, even if we are "old" friends!
Post a Comment