Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4

Today I'm thankful for organization. It's true, growing up I was not my mother's "clean child" (that was a title Sara and I could never work hard enough to take from Bryan. Well maybe weren't motivated enough to take from Bryan) but my mom still taught me that I had to clean up and she taught me her standard of clean. There were a few times I would have to re-clean something to meet the standard. As I got older, my room got messier but every now and then I'd do the deep cleaning and have it well past the mom standard. I moved out when I was 25 for a year, and that is when my mom's lessons really kicked in. I was silly about cleaning (at least the common areas) it drove me crazy to not have the slipcover on the couch perfectly tucked in. It drove me crazy to have dishes in the dry rack or to have stuff on my bathroom counter (since my bathroom also served as the main bathroom for the apartment) My room wasn't always clean but I made my bed significantly more times that year than previous years in my life. After a year on my own, I moved back home, and had things pretty darn easy. Once again my room wasn't always clean, but I lived in a house surrounded by mom's clean. Fast forward a couple years and I got married. Our first year, and maybe every now and then still, Bryant thought I was a cleaning natzi! I like to keep things looking good in case someone comes over. I've become a little more lax in the past two years, but I still like things clutter free and in an organized, sensible place. Last night, I spent a short time picking up a few things of clutter around the house and then I focused on Juliet's room. I reorganized what clothes and accessories were in what drawers. I hung up dresses in the closet and organized the diapers that were shipped yesterday and the bath supplies. It made me excited this morning opening the drawers to get her dressed and seeing how nice it looked. Tomorrow is clean the condo day, and while sometimes I just would rather do something else. It always is worth it afterwards when it looks great and smells great.

On these same lines, I'm grateful that Bryant put his dishes in the dishwasher today. At least I think that's what I heard when I was feeding Juliet this morning.

And for the picture of the day, I bathed Juliet last night and decided to comb her hair down (missionary style with a part) just to see what it looked like. It still stick up a little, she looks different but still equally as cute... Don't worry my child doesn't spend every moment in her carseat, that's just usually when I remember to take a picture. Also notice her new warm cover for these upcoming cold months.

 And a picture of Juliet about to blink or something.... because it's entertaining, and made me laugh!

2 comments:

Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl said...

That last picture is Bryant!!! That is no mistaking that she's his daughter!!!! :)

Patsy said...

I have to agree. Especially the half closed eyes look, totally him!