Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 23

Today I'm thankful for simple little things. I love this song from 110 in the Shade (remember when I saw Audra McDonald in that role at HCTO, and sat probably with my mouth opened in awe... yeah I remember that to) Cecily and I worked on it for a while in my voice lessons. The lyrics are:

Not all dreams are great big dreams
Some peoples' dreams are small
Not all dreams have to have a golden fleece,
Or any kind of fleece at all

My dreams, like my name, are very plain
No shining knight must kneel
My dreams, like my name, are very plain
But nevertheless, they're real
They're all so very real

Simple little things
All I want are simple little things
All I need is someone beside me to have and to hold
Someone to love me as we grow older
Simple little things
Simple little dreams will do

"Lizzie, is my blue suit pressed?"
"Lizzie, kinda scratch between my shoulder blades."
"Lizzie, are the children all in bed?"
That's what he'll say
I'll say, "My husband"

Simple little things
All I want are simple little things
All I need is someone beside me to have and to hold
Someone to love me as we grow older
Simple little things
Simple little dreams will do

How lucky I am to have Bryant and Juliet in my life. We tend to lead a simple life I think. We don't get out much and our time spent as a family usually inolves watching TV while playing with Juliet. In the past week, like in this song, I've done the ironing and I'm thankful we have more clothes than we need. I've scratched an itch on Bryant's shoulder while the baby was sleeping in his arms. I've taken the sleeping baby and lied her in her bassinet.  What a blessed life I have.

I am thankful for all the little things I take for granted becuase they are there. The food in the cupboards, the electricity to heat the house, the warm water to shower and bathe Juliet in. How truly blessed we are.

And becuase I won't be back until Monday, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! 

No comments: