Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Catch up on Thanks


And I’m behind again, and warning I haven’t taken any pictures so if you’re just coming to see how cute my child is… well she’s cute but I don’t have new pictures. But, if you would like to read more of the things I’m thankful for, then continue reading.


Day 12: I am thankful for the gospel and for my beliefs in the gospel. I’m thankful for the Atonement and what that provides to each of us. I am thankful for my knowledge that families are forever. A co-worker lost her sweet little angel today and to know that it’s just goodbye for now can provide comfort if we let it.

Day 13: I’m thankful for sleep. It’s been said around my household and on the news and other places I’m sure that Peyton Manning should be the NFL’s MVP this year. He will most likely not play one game this season and yet, he could be most deserving as football fans watch his team fall apart with his absence. That is how I feel about sleep this weekend. You don’t always appreciate it until it’s no longer there. Juliet got her shots on Friday night and since then has struggled to find her sleeping routine making me one tired girl.

Day 14: I’m thankful for moms. I like my mom a lot. My mom has taught me so many things throughout my life. She’s taught me to give, to love, to be clean (as mentioned before) to be fair. I have always grown up thinking I was a mini cut out of my mom (ok I’m actually bigger than her, but since I’m younger I’m sticking with mini) we are a lot alike and therefore have clashed over the years on different things, but she’s my mom and I know that she is always there for me. I’m also thankful for my mother in law. Since Juliet was born, I like to give her a hard time about how much she needs Juliet time, but really can you blame her? She raised a great son, even if she did teach him it was ok to leave the dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher… I’m thankful that she has made me a welcome part of the family. She has given me space and love to be myself and to find my place and grow into it.

Day 15: I’m thankful for modern technology. For tivo, to watch tv without commercials. For computers and the internet to do all sorts of things, and for my phone to text and talk and play games. I’m not a die hard like my husband yet, but I could maybe get there.

And even though there are no pictures, here is the latest Juliet measurements from her two month appointment. She is still measuring 23 inches (85%), she has put on a bit of weight, weighing in at 9 pounds 10.5 ounces (25%) and she has a perfectly average head at 15 inches.

No comments: