1.
the act or fact of surviving,
especially under adverse or unusual circumstances.
2.
a person or thing that survives or endures, especially an ancient custom,
observance, belief, or the like.
We are surviving in the Brown household and are adjusting to our ever changing lives. Just when you get in the groove of one thing, something else changes and it’s time to readjust and learn to survive again. Juliet is now six weeks old, and with that means I go back to work. Just when I had gotten a grand routine going on at home, learning how to juggle fairly well with being a mom, and everything that includes, I have to learn to juggle 8 hours a day (well longer I guess with) at work and away from my little girl. To say I struggled with going back, could be a slight understatement. I cried
almost nightly for a week leading up to my return. Those weeks that I got to spend just watching Juliet grow and learn new things were so precious to me, and the thought that I could easily miss her learning new things broke my heart. Sunday night Bryant and Bryan gave me a blessing to help me through, and then Monday morning came, easily one of the worst mornings I’ve experienced. I got up, got ready while Bryant cuddled with Juliet and then got her ready and headed out the door. I cried all the way to the babysitters, I cried at the babysitters, I sobbed on the way to work and for the first ten minutes of being in the office, and then again cried anytime anyone asked me how I was doing
until about 2:30 in the afternoon. I know that Juliet is being loved and cared for by the nice lady who we have watching her, but she’s not her mommy and I miss her. I watched the clock waiting for 4:00pm, when I knew that Bryant would be off and headed to get her. He called when he was leaving the babysitter’s house and said that Juliet smiled a ton when he picked her up. I watched the clock again until 5:00pm when it was my turn to go home and see her. I got home to a sleeping baby who had to be woken up because mommy NEEDED to feed her. It was a wonderful hour just holding her and looking at her before I once again had to go to work at the theatre. Tuesday, I took her to my Dr. appointment with me to give me just a little bit longer with her. I dropped her off on my way to work and while I teared up, I talked myself down from crying knowing that she was going to be fine and she and I were both going to survive. Bryant had school so I got to pick her up that night. I was eager for my share of smiling baby, of course I instead got crying baby. But once we got home, and I fed her than we had one of the best nights we’ve had together. I fed her and changed her and we sat on the couch together while I ate dinner. Without her being fussy, I rocked her to sleep for a quick nap while I cleaned up the house and got the dishwasher started. She woke up shortly before I was done so we vacuumed the house together and then I got her in the bath. Bryant got home from school and I was able to shower while they cuddled and then we were able to hang out as a family before night time feeding and bed time. Overall a good day.
Today, I didn’t even cry or tear up when I had to leave her this morning. It’s not to say that I don’t miss her like crazy, but I know that things are ok and that we are doing the best we can to support our family right now and that we are being taken care of. All of us.
To back things up now and catch up on everything since this is the only thing close to a journal that I keep here are some other facts:
Juliet is still sleeping fairly well. She goes about four to five hours at a time and falls easily back to sleep after I feed her. She is still skinny as ever, and a lot of her pants look silly on her because they don’t come close to fitting her little waist. I still think she is a good mix of Bryant and I although, the more she grows, the more I see her daddy in her. At her one month check up, she weighed 8 pounds 4.5 ounces (yes that is only 3.5 ounces more than she weighed at birth, but I swear I’m feeding her)
she is in the 25% for her weight, but she continues to grow longer. She’s now at 23 inches so she’s grown two inches since birth putting her in the 95% for her height. I can’t remember her head circumference measurement, I just know she has a cute head. She had her first “real” bath last week (instead of the quick run under the water baths that she’s been having.) she is undecided if she likes them or not. As long as the water is continually being poured on her she’s good, but she’s so little and skinny and gets cold fast so she hates the in between moments, I think. She is smiling more and smiles on a daily basis. Her eyes are still blue and I’m hoping they are going to stay at this point but
time will tell. She hasn’t lost too much hair, although I feel like the top of her head is a little thinner, either that or it just looks that way because her head got bigger.
Bryant is back to working from home; a true blessing. Not only does he get to wear gym shorts to work now, but Dorri has a friend at home with her (something that also made me a little sad with me coming back to the office) and we are able to save a little bit in gas since he isn’t making the 30 mile commute each day. He’s still working hard in school and recently got 100% on one of his tests.
Not much new with me that we haven’t already addressed (like the going back to work thing) I’m getting in the routine better and am surprised that I’ve made it through with at least a good amount of energy. I am definitely a blessed girl.
Finally her are a couple pictures for your enjoyment from my family’s recent family picture sessions.
the act or fact of surviving,
especially under adverse or unusual circumstances.
2.
a person or thing that survives or endures, especially an ancient custom,
observance, belief, or the like.
We are surviving in the Brown household and are adjusting to our ever changing lives. Just when you get in the groove of one thing, something else changes and it’s time to readjust and learn to survive again. Juliet is now six weeks old, and with that means I go back to work. Just when I had gotten a grand routine going on at home, learning how to juggle fairly well with being a mom, and everything that includes, I have to learn to juggle 8 hours a day (well longer I guess with) at work and away from my little girl. To say I struggled with going back, could be a slight understatement. I cried
almost nightly for a week leading up to my return. Those weeks that I got to spend just watching Juliet grow and learn new things were so precious to me, and the thought that I could easily miss her learning new things broke my heart. Sunday night Bryant and Bryan gave me a blessing to help me through, and then Monday morning came, easily one of the worst mornings I’ve experienced. I got up, got ready while Bryant cuddled with Juliet and then got her ready and headed out the door. I cried all the way to the babysitters, I cried at the babysitters, I sobbed on the way to work and for the first ten minutes of being in the office, and then again cried anytime anyone asked me how I was doing
until about 2:30 in the afternoon. I know that Juliet is being loved and cared for by the nice lady who we have watching her, but she’s not her mommy and I miss her. I watched the clock waiting for 4:00pm, when I knew that Bryant would be off and headed to get her. He called when he was leaving the babysitter’s house and said that Juliet smiled a ton when he picked her up. I watched the clock again until 5:00pm when it was my turn to go home and see her. I got home to a sleeping baby who had to be woken up because mommy NEEDED to feed her. It was a wonderful hour just holding her and looking at her before I once again had to go to work at the theatre. Tuesday, I took her to my Dr. appointment with me to give me just a little bit longer with her. I dropped her off on my way to work and while I teared up, I talked myself down from crying knowing that she was going to be fine and she and I were both going to survive. Bryant had school so I got to pick her up that night. I was eager for my share of smiling baby, of course I instead got crying baby. But once we got home, and I fed her than we had one of the best nights we’ve had together. I fed her and changed her and we sat on the couch together while I ate dinner. Without her being fussy, I rocked her to sleep for a quick nap while I cleaned up the house and got the dishwasher started. She woke up shortly before I was done so we vacuumed the house together and then I got her in the bath. Bryant got home from school and I was able to shower while they cuddled and then we were able to hang out as a family before night time feeding and bed time. Overall a good day.
Today, I didn’t even cry or tear up when I had to leave her this morning. It’s not to say that I don’t miss her like crazy, but I know that things are ok and that we are doing the best we can to support our family right now and that we are being taken care of. All of us.
To back things up now and catch up on everything since this is the only thing close to a journal that I keep here are some other facts:
Juliet is still sleeping fairly well. She goes about four to five hours at a time and falls easily back to sleep after I feed her. She is still skinny as ever, and a lot of her pants look silly on her because they don’t come close to fitting her little waist. I still think she is a good mix of Bryant and I although, the more she grows, the more I see her daddy in her. At her one month check up, she weighed 8 pounds 4.5 ounces (yes that is only 3.5 ounces more than she weighed at birth, but I swear I’m feeding her)
she is in the 25% for her weight, but she continues to grow longer. She’s now at 23 inches so she’s grown two inches since birth putting her in the 95% for her height. I can’t remember her head circumference measurement, I just know she has a cute head. She had her first “real” bath last week (instead of the quick run under the water baths that she’s been having.) she is undecided if she likes them or not. As long as the water is continually being poured on her she’s good, but she’s so little and skinny and gets cold fast so she hates the in between moments, I think. She is smiling more and smiles on a daily basis. Her eyes are still blue and I’m hoping they are going to stay at this point but
time will tell. She hasn’t lost too much hair, although I feel like the top of her head is a little thinner, either that or it just looks that way because her head got bigger.
Bryant is back to working from home; a true blessing. Not only does he get to wear gym shorts to work now, but Dorri has a friend at home with her (something that also made me a little sad with me coming back to the office) and we are able to save a little bit in gas since he isn’t making the 30 mile commute each day. He’s still working hard in school and recently got 100% on one of his tests.
Not much new with me that we haven’t already addressed (like the going back to work thing) I’m getting in the routine better and am surprised that I’ve made it through with at least a good amount of energy. I am definitely a blessed girl.
Finally her are a couple pictures for your enjoyment from my family’s recent family picture sessions.


.jpg)
2 comments:
You guys are beautiful. The whole bunch!
I'm glad you are surviving going back to work. I can only imagine it's very difficult, but like you said, you are doing what your family needs right now. If you need anything, let me know!
Your pictures are so cute! I totally emphasize with your entire post. It is soooo hard leaving our precious babies with someone other than us to care for them. Luckily I had more time to stay at home with Ben and just went back part time at first, but that doesn't make it any less hard! I cried too! I think all mom's cry! Just know that it is totally ok to cry, but with time (as you have noticed) it gets easier to leave them (once we realize they are being well cared for). You are a good mommy Elisha, isn't it great? Glad you are finding some balance! Oh, and I love to see Juliet almost everday at the sitters....she is so darn cute and teeny just like Ben!
Post a Comment