Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Brought to you by the number 4

Here's a little update on the four Brown's:

Bryant is still working hard at work and school. Between the two he tends to spend a lot of time in the car commuting. He is taking four classes this semester and just got a Dean's scholarship because he is so smart! He was able to go the U game this past weekend (thanks Billy) and even though they lost, he had a great time hanging out with his dad.

I am back at work at Hale, which is easing me back into normal life I guess. I am not sure I know what normal is anymore but we wing it and make things work. I turned 30 last week! It was a pretty chill day hanging out with my girls and then I headed to work opening night of My Fair Lady. I'm trying to find balance in everything, and often wonder how so many people do everything and have a child. I was able to clean a little bit yesterday and wondered what my house is going to look like once I go back to work at Med One and at Hale. But I'm learning how to manage things and how to pr
ioritize and that's it's ok that the clean laundry is just sitting in the crib waiting to be folded.

In us news, we celebrated our 2 year anniversary last Saturday. We just had a nice dinner at Ruby River and a good hour and a half to just talk and be with each other. We also celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving this last weekend with the Brown's. Patsy always goes way out to make it a special dinner and we appreciate it.

In Dorri news. She's still as cute as ever. She's adjusting well and getting along. She got a new toy this week. I love watching her play with all her toys. I will on occasion put them away in her toy basket and within a couple hours usually, she has them all back out on the floor.
In the baby news, Juliet is now a month old. Crazy that it seems like it hasn't been that long but at the same time it seems like she's been a part of the family for a long time. She is becoming more alert and evening smiling on occasion with farting afterwards. She is sleeping alright, she had a couple of rough nights last week but she's easing back into good sleeper. We all fell asleep in the bed last night and she slept like a champ and safe (which is a small miracle with who her mom and dad are) and she went back to sleep fairly easy in her bassinet after her one middle of the night feeding, which is really saying something since it was a 1:30am feeding. She likes her bouncer and her swing. She's getting stronger each day. She is still long and skinny. I don't know her measurements but I know her newborn pants are still loose on her. I put her in some 0-3 month pajamas the other night and thought they were a little big but that they should be ok. Well in the morning she had both legs in one leg hole, so maybe we'll wait a little bit before she wears those again.



5 comments:

NatBug said...

Oh Elisha, she is so adorable! I love that little brown dress and the leggings! Mary said that she just loved Juliet and is so excited to take care of her for you guys! I can't wait to see her. And don't worry, you will adjust to life with full time work and a baby soon enough. Sometimes I wonder how I manage to do all of the things that I do with 4 kids running around, but hey we manage, and most importantly, I need to remember that I am not perfect! Take care, can't wait to see the little princess! You, Ali and I should go to lunch before you go back full time. Call me!

Robin said...

She's just beautiful, like her mom. ;)

Whitney said...

She is a cutie!!! We love her.

Patsy said...

She's definitely a keeper! Can't get enough of her.

Miss Megan said...

Happy belated birthday, sister! I'm glad you had a good day, and I hope that this is a terrific year :-D I love the photos of Juliet -- keep 'em coming if you can!