Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recaps...

In reading my friend's blogs this morning, I'm glad to find out that I wasn't the only one nervous last night to audition for these people we all know and love and that love us. I went to auditions, there were a lot of kids there (granted I did show up during the kid portion of auditions) I felt pretty good chatting away with the production staff and then came my time to audition. I felt horrible about my performance. I fully realize that in my head it could have been ten times worse than it actually was. My song had a couple funky notes in it, I was nervous for my reading and think it showed. Hopefully because the pro team knows me and have worked with me in the past, they will chalk it up to an off night and I can still go to call backs (I think) and prove that I'm not as awful as I may have appeared last night.

In other news, I wanted to love American Idol more than I did last night. It didn't suck but I thought it would have been better: I'm still thankful I can fast forward through Paula. I think they should definitely go back to three judges. Or maybe just two and git rid of Paula and Randy.
Anoop: sounded fine, definitely not a front runner, but I'd be ok with him for a few more weeks.
Megan Joy: I know she's the hometown girl, but I'm past her. I thought her outfit was cute, even if it made her appear a little round, which I'm sure she's not. I'm glad she didn't wiggle this week, but I'm past her.
Danny: He was really good. You knew he was going to sing a song about sadness or being alone, cause that's his thing. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but it seems like he always sings the sad songs almost as a reminder that his wife died. I'm sorry that sucks!
Allison: Didn't love the outfit or the hair, but definitely didn't hate it as much as the judges did. I feel like her "playing the guitar" was a little weird. I mean I don't play at all, but I'm pretty sure I could pick something out for ten seconds and then just sing. Either rock it or don't bother.
Scott: I liked that he kept it simple. I feel sorry for the poor kid, cause I'm sure he has no idea of exactly how ugly they made his hair.
Matt: I'm still a Matt fan.
Lil: Done. I was bored, I didn't like the song, the outfit or the hair. I liked her hair in the video clip though.
Adam: I want his crazy hair to come back. I think he looks LESS freaky with it. Thought it was a weird song but it was a good Adam performance.
Kris: I really liked him. The end

In Dancing with the Stars news, I'm glad the Apple man is gone. I think I would have been ok keeping the Playboy girl instead of the Jackass, but whatever I'm glad Ty Murray wasn't in the bottom.

And in non-TV news, I went to the dentist yesterday and didn't have any cavities! GO team Elisha! Also I'm starting to work on my toast for Sarah's wedding, if you have any awesome suggestions, feel free to pass them this way!

No comments: