Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hooray for things!

On Monday Sarah Elizabeth Timms became Sarah Elizabeth Timms Thompson! The day was beautiful! The weather was perfect, Sarah looked amazing, everything ran smoothly, except for the batteries being dead in my camera. I bought new ones that morning that said they were precharged, but alas they were not. Luckily Becky and Deedee had their cameras and are sharing pictures with me. The morning started with a trip to Walmart to get some snacks and those lame batteries, the best man should have made a trip too cause Matt said his stomach was growling during the ceremony, luckily I think only Matt knew that. I met Sarah at the Memorial House and we spent time getting ready and just chatting. I forgot my slip, but luckily Deedee takes care of me so after a quick call I had one on the way. The ceremony started at 11:03 just like Sarah had planned. I sunk in the grass as I walked to the front, but what else do people expect with stilettos and grass? The ceremony was nice, I shed a couple tears, that I quickly wiped so my make up wouldn't be a mess, I signed my name as pretty as it gets on the marriage certificate, Matt's ring fit on my thumb and so I was able to not lose it and have it easily accessible for the pass off to Sarah at the correct time. After the ceremony I fluffed the train of her dress for pictures and then we enjoyed a beautiful lunch. Ryan was my date at the table, I do love him and was glad to have him there. We mingled, ate some tasty cupcakes and then took some pictures. Our pictures started with a couple America's Next Top Model poses and then we took some with Sarah and Matt. I helped Sarah load up the car and change out of her dress and sent them on their married way. I'm so happy I got to stand beside Sarah as she started her new life. She beamed with happiness, a perfect birthday present to her! Here are a few pictures from the day... more to probably come later as I get them.




In other HOORAY news.... I paid off my last credit card today! Now the only things left to pay for is my New York loan and my car, and if all goes planned that should happen by the end of July.

No comments: