The Med One Annual Meeting for Med One, where I gave a lady a fat lip on the race to the cookies... I felt awkward and bad and the cookies were hard so it wasn't even worth it.
The cast party for Phantom- the food was delicious. What a fun show and cast, I'm glad I got the chance to run spot for it and meet new people and new friends that I'll hopefully keep for a long time to come.
Saturday I had callbacks for Seussical. I knew I had to go in and really blow them out of the water if I wanted a part because there were a lot of talented people there. I felt confident about what I did with the dance and the singing. I put everything I had out there and left to play the waiting game. While I was at Hale running spot, I got a text from Stephanie, the director, asking me to call her. I really felt nervous thinking they were calling me to tell me they couldn't use me, but instead they offered me the role of MAYZIE! I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. For those who don't know Seussical, the two parts I was being considered for are Gertrude, who is shy, and has some self esteem issues and just really wants to be noticed by Horton, the elephant that she loves. And then there is Mayzie, the bird who got a tail job and now thinks she is all that. She has a fling that produces an egg, which she then abandons with Horton to go off for more flings. I feel like I can relate a little more to Gertrude, but I'm excited to play Mayzie to really work to build a character and constantly work to give her the dynamic she needs. The play runs the end of June, I'll be keeping you posted so you can all come and see!
Saturday night was closing night of Phantom. We had a fantastic under water rendition of the bistro number on headset. What a great group of friends I've made in working in that position.
Sunday evening, Brad (a super cute guy from Phantom) asked if I would like to go listen to Kim (from the Phantom cast) sing with the Weber State symphony. I had such a great time. The drive up was full of easy fun conversation. We mocked a couple people at the symphony and after a little persuasion on Brad's part we had a killer sing-a-long on the drive home.
This week, I'll be taking pictures, so be looking forward to upcoming posts. Plans for this week include WICKED, with dinner at Bennihana's, The Odd Couple, American Fork Idol, a new Grey's Atonomy, a possible LATE night indoor soccer game and the REAL soccer game this weekend. It's going to be good.
To finish up today another picture that Deedee sent me, why? Because we are cute and I sure do love her! (and so you can see my cute bouquet from the wedding)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Congrats Lish!! I'm so excited to do a show with you!!
Good for you Elisha! I am glad that you got a part in the show. I would like to come and see it...I have never seen that musical nor much about it, but it sounds cool! I sure have read enough Dr. Seuss books to my boys that I think that I could follow along just fine.
Congratulations, sister! You are going to be so cute as Mayzie. I'm excited to see it!
Post a Comment