Monday, April 27, 2009

The low from the high...

This morning, I laid in bed and contemplated calling in sick so that I wouldn't have to move all day. But of course, that didn't seem logical so I slowly got up and got ready for work. As I sit here, I still wish I'd just made the call. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for a job to come to. I shouldn't be tired, because I got some amazing sleep last night, but I just feel off today. I guess maybe it's coming back down to the reality of work and life after a great weekend.

Friday night, I stopped by Melinda and Bryan's reception and stuck around the theatre to watch a little of dress rehearsal and chat with some friends. Afterwards I met Jon to go and see American Fork Idol. The show was good, Bryan was hilarious in it, and Nate was so cool. Nate cracked me up with his Lagoon faces during the olio. Afterwards we talked with Nate for a while, and to Bryan for a minute. It was the first time I've seen or actually talked, not just had text conversations, with Bryan in ten weeks. It wasn't what I had expected or how I had played out in my mind. Maybe if it had been a night where so many others hadn't been there it would have played out similar to my imagination. Who knows?

Saturday, I went to work. It was good to see some of the Phantom cast as they came to pick up their paychecks. After work and a short amount of time with Deedee, I headed up to get ready and meet Brad. We stopped by a wedding reception of some people he sang with a few years back. We stayed only long enough to eat the appetizers and for Brad to write in the book and say hello to the bride and groom. After a quick stop at my house to change our clothes, we were headed to the soccer game. It was a great game, Real SL won 6-0! Six points in soccer?!?! that's fantastic. It was a little cold, but I had a blast. The guy in front of us was crazy. We think it might have been the german guy from Armageddon. I would love when people would start yelling and booing over a "foul" and Brad would say no it wasn't a foul. I definitely want to go to another game sometime. Afterwards we walked back to the car. Brad won the bet about the cars parked over the white line getting parking tickets. We then picked up some food and went back to his house. His brother and sister-in-law were there with their friends and little boy. Noah is so adorable with his permed hair and fake tan (Not really, it's all natural but people ask if they take him tanning or perm his hair... really people are you that stupid??) We finished off the night with Kate and Leopold (I do love Hugh Jackman!)

Sunday was a good day at church, followed by family dinner. The kids were in a good mood and I love being able to see them. Tony and his girlfriend and kids came and brought their new dog, Lola. She is a ten week old basset hound and is adorable! She would run and step on her ears becuase they are so long. I stopped by Brad's on the way home for a little bit and then headed home for an evening in with food network.

I think it was the best weekend I've had in very long time, which is why coming to work today was so difficult. But here I am, hopefully the week will go by fast and I'll have more fun times ahead next weekend. I failed in taking pictures, although Brad's friend took a picture of us at the game so maybe I'll steal it and post it this week.

1 comment:

Kasi French said...

Good weekends are hard to leave ... just remember though ~ weekends are back before you know it!