So I have my reading picked out, I'm 80% sure of what song I'm going to sing, I've printed my resume, I have a headshot laying around somewhere at home... it seems I'm pretty ready to audition in a little less than two hours.
Then reality hits.... I'm auditioning in a little less than two hours and I'm still not 100% sure of what song I'm going to sing? Really? REALLY? And I'm nervous! I don't know why, I don't feel like I should be. I know what I can do, I know all of the song options, I know 75% of the production staff, really well, and it's Midvale. That's my home, that's where I started this crazy love of performing... Maybe I've taken all those really good reasons of why I shouldn't be nervous for granted. If it was another audition I would know what song I was singing, I would have been singing it in my car nonstop for at least a day. I would have my headshot and resume printed on nice paper, and sitting in a folder with my marked music.
This is a part I'd like to play. I want the chance to work hard and be great! (at least that's what we all hope is the result of working hard!)
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
1 comment:
Good luck Elisha! I hope you get the part! I guess that I can't go to Dance Concert tonight, I had forgotten that John had already planned to do his Hometeaching tonight, therefore, no one to watch the kids! BOO! I really wanted to go! If my mom gets back in town in time, I'll try and give you a ring....It was great seeing you at my ward last week, your song was beautiful, just like you!
Post a Comment