Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year's pretend weekend....

Holidays that fall on Wednesday/Thursday make me feel confused. I'm here at work (no big surprise) it's REALLY quiet (since most people took their first PTO day of 2009 today) and for a tired moment, I think, am I supposed to be here? But of course the answer is yes, and I needed to be here early, so I can leave early to go.... to work. Don't mock, it works out ok for me. I get confused at what day it is, because yesterday I didn't work at all. Mostly the days that I don't work are Sundays, but I didn't go to church yesterday either so it couldn't have been a Sunday, maybe a Saturday on my every other week scehdule, but now today I woke up early to come to work instead of going to church. Do you see how this could confuse a person... does anyone else feel this way, no? Just me? Oh ok.....And today, thanks to the Wednesday/Thursday holiday among other reasons, I am TIRED!
Wednesday, I was pretty sure I wanted to just go home from work (early, wahoo!) and sleep through the changing of the year. I did not go home and sleep though, (I know there are a few of you out there who are concerned about my hermit lifestyle) I did go home and relax a bit while watching Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightley version, with the 45 seconds of bliss while Mr. Darcy walks in the fog towards Elizabeth... LOVE IT!!) I then met Deedee and we headed to her uncle's house to make an appearance and eat some food at her family New Year's party. Deedee asked her 3 year old nephew, Scotty, what today was and he replied New Year's Eve and when she asked him what that meant, he confidently replied, "It means Christmas is over" Isn't he cute! What a spread of food and what a lot of people, especially for such fancy food. There was crab legs and shrimp, which I didn't eat since I'm allergic, prime rib, mashed potatoes with 3 cubes of butter two cubes of cream cheese and sour cream mixed in! Veggie tray, fruit, yorkshire pudding (maybe that's what it was someone mentioned the name, cause I guess I was eating it wrong... you're supposed to put gravy on it, I just thought they were funny shaped rolls) We ate, we hung out and talked, we guessed where her cousin might get called on her mission, we checked out the cool paint treatment on the wall, decided we would be amazing if they made Rock Band, showtunes! As we were leaving we passed (granted on the opposite wall passed) a curio cabinet of dolls and it caught my eye and I was like Deeds I think that's us! Sure enough there were all the Madam Alexander Little Women dolls. We had our picture taken holding our Meg and Beth dolls, I'll try to have Deeds send me a copy when she gets one so I can post it, maybe. After leaving, and dropping off Deeds car, we went over to a party at Adrien's house. It was a big party with lots of people I didn't know, I recognized a few because I attended the single's ward Adrien is in a few years ago. We spent most of the time in the kitchen (being the theatre group, amongest the single's ward group) chatting with Megan, convincing Danny he'd be able to make it to midnight. Rick came by after his show and hung out with us, rang in the new year with us and then almost two hours later we all left to go home. A much better night than I had expected it might have been (maybe a good sign for what 2009 will hold, lets hope) New Year's Day I woke up a couple times briefly but finally woke up for the day at NOON! It was glorious! I stayed in bed most of the day watching the Bones marathon on TBS or TNT maybe? Got showered and out of my pajamas and headed over to grandma's. On New Year's day we have always gone to grandma's to celebrate grandpa's birthday with soup and cinnamon rolls, this year was our first New Year's without grandpa but grandma kept the tradition alive. We talked (and mentioned my eating habits as well as dating and work life) about memories of grandpa and other fun things. I came home to watch more Bones and to take down my Christmas tree, and this year.... I took the ornaments off! (another sign 2009 is going to be different) I just had moments where I just didn't love my tree and so I thought I better take them down to make sure 2009 will be different, and I guess a part of me hopes that it will be some cute time decorating the tree in 2009, I don't know. So the tree is down, my room looked awkwardly empty last night, but I think when I get home today I won't notice the difference. Thanks to sleeping in until NOON, I didn't not fall asleep at a nice convenient, I have to be at work at 7 time, no instead I fell asleep at like 2:20AM! Today could be a long or/and really funny day.
But now it's 2009, the year of Elisha! And great things are going to come, I've already decided so! A year of feeling good about myself, a year to learn something new, a year of better blogs!(lets hope so for you who are reading this)

1 comment:

Freddy said...

Great blog Elisha! Kudos for making it a year for Elisha! I feel it is going to be a BIG year for me as well! In fact my first New Years Resolution is about me making a major change in life! :)
Hooray for 2009!