Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The good, The Bad and The Ugly....

First the bad and ugly, so we can end on an uplifiting note... Let me take a moment to talk about insecurities. I don't think it's much of a secret that on occasion (some may say always) I battle with insecurities, I think most people do. At times, I think they help me to strive to be better, but what about those times when they just make you out to be an idiot? Like the times they make you doubt a friendship with someone. Or the times you doubt yourself and and end up freaking yourself out? Or there's the time you let them get in the way of meeting new people, or opening up to others, or they stop you from showing emotion... I like to be the person, that people think has it all together. I don't let a lot of people in behind the wall I, for some reason, built one day. But who am I hurting? Am I really proving a point to anyone, myself included? So today I'm going to make it a goal to fight back and take back control. I can only be the best person I can be, if that's enough that people want to be a part of my life, for a moment, or for a lifetime that is great and I need to be the best person and friend I can be to them during that time. So to the person (or probably people, you should know who you are, if you don't then it's probably not you)who often get my word vomit during insecure times, I am sorry, I really am trying here, but I'm not perfect and so the stumbles are a part of the entire Elisha package, which I've heard (yes heard said out loud, or read in a text this week alone) includes: happy, high energy, a good and giving person, bi-polar (maybe watch out for that one), caring. Overall not a bad package I think... look at me being secure for a moment with who I am.


And now to the good! I took the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple open house this morning. It is such a beautiful building, and there is such a wonderful spirit there. If you get the chance to go and walk through, I definitely think you should. I think the thing that most took my breath away was the chandelier in the Celestial Room. It could easily be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It has been a while since I've been in a temple besides the Jordan River and so I was in awe at the different areas of beauty. I love the temple. I can't wait until it's dedicated and I can go and do a session there.

And as a teaser to keep you coming back... tonight I'm making tacos and I'm going to wear my ridiculously beyond words to describe how adorable it truly is, apron... And I'm really making it a goal to have pictures to post!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I'm excited for the picture! Let's do a session together when it opens. ;)

NatBug said...

Elisha, I think that you are a great person too! And don't worry about your word vomit, we all get it sometimes, mine gets expelled onto my mom!!!

BTW, I am so excited to go and visit the Draper Temple too! John and I are going to go and my mom and I are going to go again too!!!