Monday, January 26, 2009

A little catching up to do.

I love my two jobs, that is until tax season rolls around then I hate them. This year in preparing my taxes I figured if I only worked at one job I would get either close to a $500 return or a $1000 dollar return, but no I work at both jobs which means between the two I'm getting $44 back. Which I am trying to be thankful about, I know a lot of people that have to pay and coming out pretty close to even means that the government was just keeping my money throughout the year instead of me (although then I remember the $500 and $1000 and think they are)

This weekend Fri-Sun, I worked 32 hours between my two jobs. We are still working on that new program for processing purchase orders at Med One, which I hate slightly less now but am still not in love with, and so I came in to work all three days of the weekend. I must admit I liked Saturday and Sunday! It was so nice just to be able to concentrate on one thing rather than juggling different projects. People at church couldn't believe how crazy I was to be working so much, but I feel like it was good preperation, because...... I got a spot position for Phantom at Hale. Which means, starting President's Day and then following for nine weeks, I will be working every day and every night Monday through Saturday. It seems like a lot, but in reality, its nine weeks and I will be able to pay off my debt a month sooner than planned and it's really only about an extra eight to ten hours of work a week. And it's a new adventure to try out. I am really excited for the opportunity.

Prior to all work weekend and since the last time I wrote, I've had a few non-work adventures... We had our first Family Temple Day of the year. My sister and Chad made it a goal to go to the temple as a family once a month together. It was a great afternoon and I hope to go back more often than just the once a month. I watched the season premiere of Lost and felt pretty confused. I have only seen a few episodes in the previous four seasons and am not sure I can jump in and be a group like a lot of my friends but I will probably give it a chance. And finally, the best for last, Deedee and I exchanged Christmas presents!!! She made me the MOST adorable apron you will probably ever see in your lifetime (unfortunately I haven't really taken a picture yet for you to see it yet.) I can't wait to wear it every time I cook (unless I'm cooking red, then I'm afraid I will stain it) I plan on wearing it while I cook this weekend for the superbowl and promise to take pictures so you can enjoy how cute it really is.

I think that's all I have to catch you up. I promise I'll come up with something awesome and post again this week!

No comments: