Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter woes

I love the look of snow on the tree branches, I like watching my dog leap through the snow, I like how it feels more like Christmas when the snow falls, but all of those things do not make me a fan of the snow. I don't mind snowblowing the sidewalks, I don't even mind shoveling the sidewalks for the most part, but I have serious anxiety about snow. I have been in a winter car accident, and therefore am a paranoid snow driver (which I don't think is a bad thing at all) I have anxiety attacks even being a passenger in the car while driving in the snow: Two years ago a friend and I went to Denny's, and while we are there a blizzard hit, I really thought I was going to die. Last year another friend and I drove up to Park City in the snow to see Sweeney Todd, I had to sit folded in half with my head on my legs and talk to my friend while he drove in order to get through it. Even thinking about it now makes me feel tense and like I might throw up. Well it's only December 19th, winter still has months of snow ahead. How am I ever going to make it?

No comments: