Random Lady: I love your hair color, is it natural
Honest Me: No I dye it
Randome Lady: Yeah I thought it was a little too red to be real.
YW Advisor: After a great lesson she says I wanted to get you all a little treat, "Do you know how hard it is to find Marshmallow Jesus's?" (she couldn't OBVIOUSLY, so we got marshmallow Santa's)
After the choir practice run through, where a quartet sang the Hallelujah Chorus: "Don't you think the Hallelujah chorus is a great head banging song?"
It's a marshmallow world da da dada. . . that might be only funny to Bryan and I, since I sang it over and over in the ugliest voice ever.
SQUIRT LOOK MY SOCKS... I don't know what was great about them but Parker was sure excited to tell me about it and so it made the list of great sayings for the weekend.
The best way to wrap up the happenings of my weekend is a line from a song "Christmas makes you feel emotional, something something devotional" It was a roller coaster of a weekend. Freaking out about the snow on Friday, Saturday was filled with working a thirteen hour crazy day, yelling at dogs, cleaning up after dogs, crying about both. An overal stressful Saturday, followed by a good emotion Sunday with my duet in church being surprisingly well, a fun afternoon of making food and singing in my ugly voice, play time with Parker, a party with good friends, being tucked in all snuggly under the blanket, watching a portion of the made for the youth DVD Brand New Year. What a blessing that is in the youth's lives, and I loved that a group of us all past the age of "youth" could watch and love it. I hope the youth treasure it too. So that was the weekend, drove home from the party, cried some more from exhaustion and went to bed to start another long week of work and work and holiday gatherings and wrapping presents and opening presents. You just have to love this time of year!
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
1 comment:
i cried going home from that party too...
Post a Comment