Thursday, May 28, 2009

Monday Holidays Throw Me Off!

I love long weekends! Even when they are packed full and even when my whole weekly schedule is thrown off. Last weekend was one of those (in case you guys all missed Memorial Day)

Friday started with Med One letting us leave at 4!! Just one hour but still great! I went home and baked a cake, and got frustrated when it didn't come out of the pan like I wanted it to. But there wasn't much I could do then so I headed to work at Hale and then back home to round 2 of cake baking. Bryant helped make the different colors of frosting I would need and then we watched So You Think You Can Dance!

Saturday started off early. 5:55am to be exact. I got up and decorated Jaxson's birthday cake. I actually kept a pretty good schedule, and was able to decorate and get ready and be out the door by nine as planned. I delivered the cake to Carter and Jenn, they seemed pretty excited about it. Hopefully Jaxson had a wonderful birthday party and enjoyed Lightning McQueen (even though he really wanted Dinaco...) I made a quick stop at rehearsal and then headed to work. Bryant brought me a jamba juice... he's good to me :) Work was long and slow, the last day before the next few months of craziness with season tickets. After work I headed to the store and Costco to get the food for Sunday's dinner and then I went for bowling and pizza with the family. I have a lot of power, just not always the best aim. Parker slept over that night, and after a trip to Walmart for treats and prizes, 7-11 to get slurpees, Parker fell in love with Squirt's friend.
In proof of that, the first thing Parker said to me on Sunday morning was Squirt, where's your friend. I guess he had really hoped that Bryant had slept over too. Bryant and I cooked dinner for the family, we played and WON a game of kickball. Our favorite moment of the game was when Whitney threw the ball at Parker's head to get him out. She's means business when she plays... too bad her efforts were in vain as she was on the losing team! We then watched The Bee Movie with Parker, or at least tried to while the kid talked. He's so funny and smart! He just wants to talk about everything.

Monday I got to sleep in! (insert glorious angelic ahhs) Bryant and I went to lunch at Red Robin and then to see Night at the Museum 2 with his family. The movie was fun, not as awesome as the first one but I still really liked it. After the movie we were driving Andrew and his friend Landon back to the house and Landon guessed that I was 25 and Bryant was 32! It was fantastic... I will pick being older over looking older any day :) We had a low key BBQ that night with my family and then I just relaxed the rest of the evening.

Now I'm back to my week, not that I'm too terribly upset by that, like I mentioned long weekends kick my trash and because I'm only working a half day today! I forgot to order cookies for Hale (thanks to not working Monday) in time for pick up on Wednesday, so after birthday lunch with Bryan and Nate, I have to go pick them up. I'm also going to try to squeeze in pedicures with my mom before we celebrate her birthday.
And lastly some random happiness!

*Happy Birthday MOM, Bryan, and Bradley... I LOVE birthdays.

*I didn't have to pay at weight watchers today, and now can eat guilt free at lunch and dinner tonight

*Two of the auditions they showed on SYTYD, danced to Winter Song. Even though I don't have red hair anymore, that song will always be me and Deedee.

*My Seussical dress came, and fits :)

No comments: