Monday, May 11, 2009

The joys of the weekend.

This weekend started off early on Friday, 5:45am to be exact. I woke up to decorate Maelie's first birthday cake. It was a little difficult to get going; one because I was tired and two because my hand was so stiff from sleeping with my carpal tunnel brace on. I finished in pretty good timing and was off to work.My mom helped me out big time by running to Michael's to get the mini flowers pan and baking Mae's mini cake so I could just come home and decorate them at lunch. I quickly decorated the little cakes on my lunch break and then once again headed to work.I left work a little early to go and pick up my car! I think it looks a little different, since they don't make my car anymore its not like they can just order in parts. But as someone pointed out, it just means I have a custom car! The lady at Abra reminded me no wax on the car for 90 days, just soap and water. Anyone who knows me knows it'll be lucky to get the soap and water part...



Friday night was Maelie's party. She dove right in to her cake, which made me happy. The last time I made a first cake, Sydney wanted nothing to do with it. It was past Mae's bedtime by the time we got to presents, it took her a minute but then she was pretty excited about the things she got.

And just because he's cute.. A couple pictures of Parker...

And one of Zoie cause she's like a brand new dog!

(I think Mom needs some glasses to fix that squinting issue :))


After the party I was exhausted and was home and asleep by 10:00pm.


Saturday started with the Race for the Cure downtown. Kasi and I walked the route although technically we didn't finish the race. It was turn right to the finish line or left to go to the car and we chose left to the car... I had to get to rehearsal, Kasi had to get to work for me. As just mentioned, I then went to rehearsal. I am struggling a bit at rehearsals, so hopefully I can find the right mind set and work hard and play hard for the next month or so. Saturday afternoon/evening I went to work and then home for a little facebook time and another early night in bed.



For Mother's day, I helped make the dessert for dinner and cleaned my room so my mom would be less irritated with me. We went to church, although I skipped Sunday school to babysit the ribs and make sure the BBQ wasn't cooking too hot... which is was so it's a good thing I went home. We had a lovely dinner. Maelie wore her new romper, it's my favorite. I followed that up with a lot of texting and again an evening of being fast asleep by 10:00pm.


Looking back, it may not have been a super eventful weekend but my body should sure like me with good amounts of sleep and a little exercise. On the agenda this week... Well I'm not positive. Hopefully I can take Deeds out to dinner for her birthday, it's my dad's birthday, throw in some work and Miss Saigon this weekend. Hopefully I'll remember to whip out my camera to have some pictures again...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute Cake! You always make the cutest cakes. It was good to see you for 2 seconds on Saturday.

C Ped said...

That cake is AMAZING. You really have a gift. Wowzer. PS I love wearing your vest, it makes me happy.

Miss Megan said...

Whoa, I am really impressed by your cake-decorating skills. You just get better and better! Glad you and your niece had so much fun at her party!