Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To Dream

So I don't usually remember what I dreamt about when I wake up in the morning, unless it's a cute boy ;) but this week I've remembered two days in a row! Monday night I dreamt that Whitney was pregnant (it was going to be a girl.... just warning you Whit!) Last night's dream went something like this:

We were at work and Whit and the kids were there, and for some reason, I went into Brent's office and all I could see out the windows were tornados approaching. We live in Utah, yes we've had a tornado but these were approaching us. I grabbed Parker and we hid and held on under Brent's desk. (I'm not sure where Brent was or the others for that matter) But really tornados? We ended up fine. Do you really hide under things for tornados? Or is that just left over bad earthquake teaching from elementary school?

I decided to look up what tornados "mean" in dreams and found this:

To see a tornado in your dream, suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. Is there a situation or relationship in your life that may be potentially destructive?

To dream that you are in a tornado, signifies that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. You will be met with a series of disappointments for the next week or so. Your plans will be filled with complications.

To see several tornadoes in your dream, represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship.

Luckily we never were IN the tornado, but I remember being able to see in detail a couple of them, so hopefully I just have the overwhelmed part and can bypass the disappointments part. But that first definition describes my morning yesterday. There were several tornados so I guess I better watch out for the people around me...

Let's hope today's action and activities bring dreams of puppies.

1 comment:

Kasi French said...

In a tornado you go to a place without windows! A hallway is best but not a hallway crowded with glass picture frames. You sit as you would in an earthquake, arms over head/knees up ~ says the girl who grew up in Chicago and has had her fair share of tornado drills/scares.