Life is not a game, it's not a contest, it's a never ending lesson, it's a rollercoaster ride, it's mixing the good with the bad. It's always something....
This weekend that became very clear to me. Dad was admitted to the hospital this weekend. His vertigo was so bad this week, he couldn't even really sit up without getting super sick. He lost 15 pounds this week, and while I'm sure there are plenty of us that wish we could do that, it's definitely not the way we want to. While dad being in the hospital, not the coolest thing, my time at the hospital on Sunday was pretty stellar. I got to hang out with my mom, chat it up, laugh and joke. We bonded more over nachos and diet coke and got to talk about the past, present and a little of the future. I got to hang out with my sister, she ripped some of my hair out my head, while playing beauty parlor. We laughed and hung out which we don't get a round to doing very often. I think I have a pretty cool family, even if I do need space from them sometimes.
After a couple nos, I was able to see Miss Saigon with Whitney. I hope it was a good break for her from those adorable children of hers. It was great to chat and just relax and enjoy are time. I don't consider Chad and Whit to be in-laws, they are just my added siblings.
There were a couple trying situations this weekend. Situations that I hope I can make the best of and come out stronger on the other end. Life is not a game. We are not just players being put in and substituted out. We are learning and growing and hopefully coming out better in the end.
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment