Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Could it Be? Yes, it could....

Music lyrics have always been a way for me to express what I'm feeling... Whether I'm angry at some boy and it's Katie Thompson singing "I know you told me that you love me in your own way. what's that supposed to mean? Are you blind, deaf, dumb or gay?" Or Kelly Clarkson singing "It seems every time I find a good man, he's got a good little wife. I'm not jealous but I won't lie I dont' want to hear about your wonderful life." Whether I'm broken and am singing "I thought we'd be simple together." I might be happy and singing "A la la la la Life is wonderful.." Any mood I may be in, there are usually lyrics that can accompany it

"I just want to be liked, I just want to be funny..."

"I don't know what I want so don't ask me 'cause I'm still trying to figure it out..."

"And No life is never easy, as we, as children, read in the books..."

"I need to stop pretending, that I can't change my ending... "

"I guess I'm a little bit shy. Why don't you like me? Why don't you like me without making me try?"

"Still I can get back on my feet and walk on as I know there was something to learn."


Well today my song of the day is Something's Coming. My new boyfriend (Brian Stokes Mitchell) sings a fabulous version of it and so today I'm holding on to hope that when people say that great things are in store, that they are actually telling the truth. (Look at me Jon McBride, trying to be all positive..)


Could be!
Who knows?
There's something due any day;
I will know right away,
Soon as it shows.
It may come cannonballing down through the sky,
Gleam in its eye,
Bright as a rose!
Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Under a tree.
I got a feeling there's a miracle due,
Gonna come true,
Coming to me!
Could it be?
Yes, it could.
Something's coming, something good,
If I can wait!
Something's coming,
I don't know what it is,
But it is Gonna be great!
With a click, with a shock,
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock,
Open the latch!
Something's coming, don't know when, but it's soon;
Catch the moon,
One-handed catch!
Around the corner,
Or whistling down the river,
Come on, deliver
To me!
Will it be?
Yes, it will.
Maybe just by holding still,
It'll be there!
Come on, something, come on in, don't be shy,
Meet a guy,
Pull up a chair!
The air is humming,
And something great is coming!
Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Maybe tonight . . .

2 comments:

Sarah said...

two things:
I used to write in my jornal THOUGHTS/normal journal stuff on one side and on the other side of the page lyrics that went along with those thoughts/feelings. Because I don't know how to define my feelings without song lyrics.

Thing the second: A Memory.
Remember that time we went to Lagoon just to take pictures and go on 3 rides? Remember how we're cool and ride on the e-spider... Remember when we got the best pedicures ever (you want flower? You want diet coke? You want back room?)? Remember when I showed up at your house with food and Cami almost pushed me down the stairs? Remember how we have the same clothes and order the same thing and date each other more than anyone else does? And our road trips to the cabin? And how "she's a player and a downright whore."? And how we spend $300 at WalMart in Evanston?

We are awesome.

Jon McBride said...

hooray for positive!