Thursday, February 2, 2012

We eat, we sleep, we do other things

We started Juliet on rice cereal a week ago. Bryant took charge of the first feeding, part way through he said wouldn't this be easier to just put it in her bottle? I told him yes, but half the reason for her cereals is to teach her how to eat from a spoon. She still a little messy but I think she's getting better. 



 



 She's always been a pretty good sleeper, so I'm not sure how much I can contribute to the rice cereal, but in the past week she did have two really good rockstar sleep through the night, nights. Otherwise, it's one wake up a night per usual. Although some nights I can just give her her binky and rub her blanket on her cheek and she'll go back to sleep. She has clocked a few more nights of sleeping in her big girl crib. Once again, I can not thank my sales team enough for our awesome monitor. I love that if I hear a sound I can watch her instead of having to run back and forth. An example, the other night she woke up about 2, I ended up making her a small bottle and fed it to her while she stayed in her crib, she finished and dosed back to sleep. As I was settling back into bed I heard her to start to panic breath (which sometimes turns into crying) I decided to just watch the monitor instead of going back in. She flapped her arms a bit and stopped and slept, then she started again, breathing, flapping but in the midst of flapping she caught her blanket. She put it next to her face and fell back asleep without me getting out of bed again. It was so great to be able to watch all of this without disturbing her.
She's also doing so good at going to sleep on her own, that's not to say that she doesn't freak out first. But once she starts freaking out, I can usually lay her in her crib or on the bed with me and give her her binky and blanket and she'll fall asleep within a couple minutes.


As you can see in the pictures, she's still wearing bibs nonstop. She doesn't have any teeth getting ready to pop through that I can see, but she's a good drooler.

She is getting better at sitting and can sometimes go unsupported for a little while before tipping over. She has also been practicing rolling from her tummy to her back more. Her latest trick is scooting, whether scooting out of her carseat or down the bed or crib, she's getting pretty good. We definitely have started strapping her in more consistently (we always have her strapped and buckled when driving, we are that bad of parents)


In parental news, Bryant and I are also eating and sleeping when we can. I've still been sticking well to my diet and to counting my calories (although I will be taking a moderate vacation day come Sunday, I mean the Superbowl only happens once a year, and I LOVE the Superbowl!) I weighed in at weight watchers last week and the lady was quite impressed with my progress. I'm still trying to work as hard as I can. I run as many days as I can, (thank you to Bryant and Ryan and my parents, who spoil me and love their time with Jules and so they sit with her) although my knee has been giving me some troubles this past few days, so I'm banning myself to the bike or elliptical for a while. I'm hoping to keep up strong and get work outs in when and where I can when I go back to Hale next week. I realize that tech week will be very difficult, but I'm going to at least stay on top of my calories and then if I have to I'll have to pick up working out more consistently when the show opens, or I'll do lunges around the catwalk. I still have my goals and stretch goals of how much and by when in mind, and we'll work hard to achieve them. Bryant is also doing really impressive healthy living work, we are going to be lean mean parents! Well he'll be the nice one all the time I'm sure.

And last update: Bryant got himself a new girlfriend yesterday. Her name is Surrey. I'm sure many of you know a man in your life with the same girlfriend. He is really excited for the upgrade.



No comments: