Thursday, February 16, 2012

Five Months

Juliet turned five months this past weekend. Time sure does fly when you are having fun. Although I'm not sure I would have described this weekend as fun, actually I know I wouldn't have described it that way. I guess to back it up, Jules threw up on Wednesday. Just once, when she was with Bryant (good girl!) and then she was fine. No fever, no fussiness, no change in sleep or eating habits. Well Friday night it hit Bryant. Saturday morning it caught up to me. A big thank you to our moms for changing plans to hang out with Juliet that day so Bryant could sleep and I could be at tech rehearsal. Sunday Bryant was feeling better so he took care of Juliet while I slept. Then it hit me again Sunday night/Monday morning. I think we are finally on the path back to full strength and health. It quickly spread through Bryant's parents house as well (sorry for ending that 20 year no throw up streak, Spencer.) But again, we are lucky that Juliet was less than affected by it.

She is still growing and so loveable. She is a cuddler, which her dad and I appreciate and hope will never change.  She loves to play with her rings, bug and other toys. She still pulls the blanket next to her face when sleeping. She has learned to pull hair, and still pets Bryant's beard and tried to pull that too. She is still doing great at learning to sit on her own. She still rolls only from tummy to back and still doesn't have a ton of interest in tummy time. Sometimes I fear that I'm a bad mom in ways of encouraging her to develop fancy skills. She loves to eat whether it's her cereal or her bottle, and she's still sleeping in her big girl crib like a champion. Here are a few pictures of our baby girl.



I love those chubby cheeks and her open mouth smiles and beautiful blue eyes.  She steals everyone's heart, no matter where we go.

1 comment:

NatBug said...

5 Months? No way!!! Time has sure flown by so quicky! She is such a doll Elisha, I love it when I beat you to Mary's so I get to soak up a little Juliet!