After the game, it was time to head home and start preparing for the next big game... THE SUPER BOWL!! I stayed up til midnight (don't remember the last time I did that... yep I'm that cool) and got a jump start on the food. I made the scrabble (it's my family's version of chex mix) it both regular and gluten free styles, I boiled and peeled the eggs for the deviled eggs and I wrapped all the little smokies in bacon. That was about as much as I could pre-prepare, because I was tired and we only have so much room in the fridge, so I headed off to bed.
Sunday morning started about 8, well after starting at 5:15 feeding Juliet. I started by making her a hair bow for the big game. It didn't turn out exactly as I wanted but I think I know where I can tweak it next time to have it look like I want. After the bow was done it was back to the food. I started off with the deviled eggs and then moved on to assembling the ham and cheese sliders, while Bryant started on the Oreo truffles. Once the food was as done as it could be, I got everything packed up and easily ready to haul out for Bryant and headed to church. I met Bryant at his parents afterwards for the big festivities. The food spread was amazing! If any one left last night hungry, it was their own fault. I took my day off from my diet and it was well worth it. I was down to another goal yesterday morning, so I felt like I deserved the day off. And while I definitely did not stand on the scale this morning to see what damage I did, it was a great way to reward myself (yes, I may be part dog being rewarded with treats) and have enough to carry me further along. I'm hoping for 2 pounds (plus whatever I may have packed on yesterday) this week so I can hit another milestone goal come next Sunday. If it doesn't happen, then it probably will the next week and I'll still be on track for my stretch time frame.
The game was great. I thought Kelly Clarkson did a great job on the National Anthem, and she looked great, Way to go Kelly! (although I was undecided on her bangs) The game was great, enough to make you nervous, and maybe doubt for a second but then big cheers all around in the last minutes.
Juliet was, of course, absolutely adorable in her Super Bowl get up. And she loved watching the game. No really, she likes watching sports on TV. In the last minutes of the game, Ryan was feeding her her bottle but she kept her head tilted so she could consistently watch the game.
Yes, I'm cute!
This is my "game face"
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment