Monday, February 27, 2012

Brought to you by the letter B

In this post will cover all things (well a lot of things) B: Bryant, Birthday, Baby, Baby weight and Bullet…
Bryant turned a big 27 this past Friday. He was spoiled by his old trainees with a shirt and treats and a picture frame. After work, it was time for family time. The three of us enjoyed a lovely dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was great food and great service, seriously our waitor, Roger, was top notch! It is one of Bryant’s favorite restaurants and it was my first time eating there. Definitely a nice evening out. After dinner we came home and he opened the presents from us girls. We got him some shoes, no surprise to him thanks to me making him go and get the drinks out of the trunk, that were next to the shoes… my bad. I also got him a watch band for his new nano that Ryan was getting him and a Hayward jersey. (Thanks to my FIL for helping me get it) After presents we just relaxed and watched Inception (I guess you don’t really relax and watch Inception because you have to pay attention during the movie) but we were nice and comfy on the couch while we watched it.

Saturday morning was a packed day. I got up and cleaned the house while Bryant did some studying and entertained the baby. Then I headed to the gym and ran 3 miles (a new personal best for time and distance) and then came home and got ready while Bryant went running (again a personal best for distance and I think time) As soon as I was ready I headed out because I needed to stop and pick up my contacts on the way to take Juliet to my mom’s house. Side tangent: The people at the West Jordan Standard Optical are DUMB!! I ordered my contacts on the 16th, they said it would take 3-5 days to come in and they’d call me when they arrived. Finally on the 24th, I called to see if they had come in yet (I mean I get there was a weekend AND a holiday in that 3-5 time ratio) After waiting on hold for five minutes they confirmed they were in. Back to Saturday, so I walk in give them my name, the man goes and gets my four boxes of contacts and a sample size solution and hands it to me and says ok you’re all set thank you. I reply, I’m pretty sure I need to pay for them. He’s dumbfounded and sends me to another girl to ring me up. (another girl equally as dumb) She asks if it’s the first time wearing biofinity contacts, to which I respond I don’t, I wear acuvue oasys, and she was like oh the boxes look the same so I got confused. Then she’s like ok so you have two boxes, me- no four boxes… really? I could have first walked out with contacts for free, then I could have walked out with 50% off. (good thing I’m honest) Finally I got it squared away, I will NOT be returning to that location if I decide to get glasses. So contacts picked up, I head and drop Juliet off and go to work. Bryant continues his birthday celebration by going to early dinner at Red Igauna with Ryan and then buying his previously mentioned Nano. Then the two of them met up with Bryant’s family to see Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D. After the movie Bryant and Ryan headed to continue their birthday plans to Iggy’s to get late dinner until I interrupted and sent Bryant home… why would I do that you ask… time for another story.
I’m at theatre, the show is in the second act. I’m bored so I look at my phone and notice a voicemail from two minutes earlier from my visiting teacher (who is also my shared wall neighbor, well was, she’s moving, her daughter and son in law are the owners of the condo now) She had called earlier in the day to see if they could come and visit me on Sunday. I hadn’t called her back. So I listed to the message. She asks me to call, and states it’s an emergency. I think to myself, visiting teaching is not an emergency. I call her back and she doesn’t answer so I leave her a message and then call my mom who was going to be headed to my condo that night to put Juliet to sleep in her crib. My mom and dad weren’t quite to my condo yet so they said they’d call me back if they found out something was wrong. Well come to find out, my new neighbor- the VT son in law, had had too much to drink that night and for some idiotic reason, had his gun out and ended up firing a bullet through his bedroom wall into my bedroom. In the chaos of it all, they came into my condo with my parents to move my bed to see if it had in fact done damage to my wall. (I think they also must have found and taken the bullet at the same time because we never found it) It had in fact done this to my wall and bed…

The wife had admitted to my mom that the husband shot through the walls. They left and my parents did not let them back in, now that everything had settled in a bit. Bryant got home shortly before I did and was on the phone with 911 dispatch to have the cops come (the man and his wife asked us not to call the cops…. Fat chance of that happening) We spent the next hour and a half to two hours hosting different police officers (good thing I cleaned that morning huh?) Our neighbor then told the cops that the damage to our wall was because he drilled to see if it had done damage and accidentally went through our wall too. Nice try, buddy. The police took his gun away and charged him with public intoxication, handling a firearm while intoxicated and firing a weapon with city boundaries. It was quite the eventful, uneasy night filled with all the what if’s running through our head. We slept that night in our living room.  I don’t look forward to the many awkward encounters our future holds when we pass the man, not that I think I even know what he looks like. I just know where he lives. Thankfully no one was hurt, it will be an easy repair to fix the wall and hopefully the man will think twice about drinking again.

And so we don’t end on a creepy note, this weekend I hit a new milestone, check mark on my goal tracker in losing my baby weight. I’ve hit my 10% goal! Up next 20 pound total weight loss..

Sunday we had a nice evening celebrating Bryant’s birthday at my mom’s with a wonderful flank steak dinner, mini cupcakes and ice cream.
Don't worry Juliet is six months younder than Jentry and they're the same size.

Juliet grows bigger and cuter every day. She is also mimicking the word da-da very well this past weekend.
All and all we had a bad moment in a fun filled weekend.

1 comment:

NatBug said...

My heart was pounding reading this post. How scary...I don't know whether to be mad at your neighbors or grateful everyone was ok. That is so freaky, I am so glad that you called the police, I would still be freaked to sleep in there too! Geesh, some people! Anyways, it sounds like your weight loss is going good, I am so proud of you! I am starting mine today, I have ALOT more to lose than you, my biggest struggle...food!