Thursday, January 12, 2012

The one where I catch up

So it's gonna be long....
 
Big Surprise, I’m behind in blogging…. Oh wait, no one is surprised? Well bear with me as I highlight the happenings of the past three weeks. Or just skim through and see how cute our little girl is.
Our First Family Christmas.
We started Christmas Eve day running a few errands and then meeting Tricia and Spencer at a new Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant for the grand opening. Bryant and Spencer used to work with the man you was opening it so he treated us to a delicious lunch. The egg rolls were fantastic! I don’t recall what the name of the restaurant is but it’s on the corner of 3500 South and 4800 West. You should go and try it!! After lunch we headed home and got a few things done and then headed to my cousin’s for Christmas Eve dinner. It’s was a nice time and was the first time some of my family member’s had met Jules. She was the hit of the party, of course. Bryant played pool and I chatted and then we headed out early so we could make it to his parent’s for Christmas Eve traditions. We opened, well were, handed our pajamas. We visited with family and Jake and Chante while they had fricco and then took Andrew home with us, so I could finish wrapping presents and the boys could play a little Call of Duty before heading to sleep. 


Juliet must have been so excited for Christmas, because she slept awful! She woke up at one point and was crying, unconsolable by anything I did. I handed her to Bryant and made her a bottle and she calmed down, thankfully because I was ready to take her the ER. We got up and headed back to Bryant’s parents to open presents. We were spoiled with a Kitchenaide! My dream come true present. Jules got cute clothes and essentials. After presents, we made some breakfast and then headed up to the hospital to see Aaron and Charlene. Char had baby Sam via C-Section on the 22nd so she wasn’t able to come home from the hospital until later that day. So we took Christmas to them. On a side note, seeing Char’s room made me jealous, we were practically in a closet compared to hers. If you have a baby at St. Mark’s don’t let them put you in room 211. I thought they were all that small, but now I know better. Jules slept through the hospital visit which was good because I still wasn’t sure she was feeling well. We next headed to my mom and dad’s. With Christmas falling on a Sunday, it kind of messed with all the schedules, so we waited to celebrate til Monday, but I still wanted to see them on Christmas and what better way to celebrate the Savior’s birth, than attend church together. It was a nice meeting and afterwards we hurry and made our pickles rolls to take to Grandma Brown’s, stopped by Moses’ house for a snack and then headed to Grandma’s to see Bryant’s extended family. Once again Jule’s was the hightlight of the party and most of the cousin’s lined up to take turns holding her.  We headed back to his parents so the boys could discuss Jazz and then home for much needed Christmas sleep. I think everytime Juliet fell asleep on Christmas she woke up in a new place. 



The day after Christmas, we headed to my mom’s for breakfast and presents, we again were spoiled and excited by our presents: A new carpet cleaner!! And new shoes for me and Assasin’s creed for Bryant. I hung out all day while Bryant had to run and do some Jazz things and then we had a dinner together and then we headed home so Bryant could get to bed early to start his new work shift the next day. Here are a couple pictures of Christmas… I didn’t take very many, what can I say I’m not very good at remembering all the time.


As mentioned Bryant has started a new schedule at work. He’s now working from 5-1:30! It’s been a little bit of an adjustment to get to bed earlier and for me to make sure I have everything ready the night before so that I can get Juliet and me out of the house on time. There is a good chance he’ll only have this shift for a little while longer, but either way I think we’ve adjusted. It’s also good because it’s allowed him time to achieve his want to go to the gym again and still get some study time in. Bryant has also started up with the Jazz again and is loving his time at the games. He has to miss a couple here and there for school but it’s a job he loves and he gets to use his designing smarts and technical smarts while watching basketball. An all around win.

As for me, life pretty much continues on the same. I work, I try and keep on top of the house work and laundry and play with Juliet every chance I get. Bryant was sick in bed last weekend, and I went to town cleaning and doing laundry. I practically cleaned all day Saturday and Sunday, with only a few breaks to celebrate Grandma’s birthday, to go to church and head to the Browns for dinner.  Now I just have to work to maintain the order that I created. So far I’m five days in and keeping it up fairly well. I’ve also bit the bullet and started to concentrate on losing the rest of the baby weight. The baby and the water come off so quickly afterwards and I just haven’t paid too close attention to the additional pounds that I packed on. Well after looking for motivation (you’d think all the clothes in my closet that I STILL can’t wear would do it, but nope) and finding it in the fact that my dad has been doing a great job with diet and exercise and now only weighs 8 pounds more than me.. I’m now on day 5 of get back in shape. I’m hoping to drop 10 before I go back to Hale (assuming they ask me back) and then keep working from there in five to ten pound goals until I’m back to where I was before. In other transformations to myself, I get my hair done today. I’m cashing in a gift from my mother in law from my birthday and just might go for a big change. Pictures to follow in later posts if I do. 

In Juliet news, our baby girl is now four months old. She is a little princess and so beautiful! I sometimes feel guilty looking at other babies and thinking my kid is cuter than yours. But then I remember that it’s a mom thing and they are probably thinking their kid is cuter than mine (even if it’s not true) She’s had a bit of a cold for a few days now, we means we suction and wipe her nose a few times a day. Other than the extra snot, she’s maintained her routine as normal. She is still a good sleeper, she must get that from her mom, and still let’s us know when she is hungry, she gets that from both parents. At her appointment last week, she weighed in at 12 pounds 4 ounces (25%) and 25.5 inches long (97%) and has a 16 inch head (65% must get that from her dad) We are pondering on when we are going to start her on rice cereal. The Dr. said we can but he always suggests leaving them a baby until 6 months, but we’ll see what we decide. I think she could be ready, so maybe we’ll commit to it and try it out. One thing we still haven’t committed to is Juliet sleeping in her own room. She did one night for about 4 hours but once she woke up I quickly brought her back to be with us.  Maybe I’ll commit to it and try it again tonight…. Maybe. We took her to get her shots yesterday. Bryant stood in the corner, while I held her down, it’s good for her to have one sensitive parent. She took them like a champ and cried loudly but then quickly forgot why she was crying when I handed her her bottle. Here are a few pictures to document 4 months.

No comments: