First the squish your brains out headband. This particular one is the scunci brand or something like that and there is a thin clear grippy elastic to help hold it in place...These suckers will squish your head, literally. You might be ok for an hour or so, so you think it’s all good, but I’m telling you stay away from it. I even thought if I made a little cut in the elastic it would release a little tension, I mean it works on my tights, so why not my headband, but it didn’t work. My head just hurt and I had to take it out leaving me with headband lines in my hair.
Next one to be careful about, the bended ends headbands. These will squish your head as well. Granted most days I can sport the bended ends longer than the squish my brains out one above. But that little bended portion will cause extra pressure creating a headache. I mean if you have a shorter event, say a Thank You Party or something, you can pop a couple Tylenol and throw this headband on and be fine. I would not however suggest if for all day.
The ribbon wrapped ends. These ones are a little deceiving, I mean they are the bendy ends that will cause a headache, but I don’t get why there has to be an extra build up at the end ever. I mean I guess with this one, it’s to hide the sequin edge and to help protect the sequins from becoming pulled off. Any time there is an extra wrap of something you chance getting the headache if worn for more than a few hours. Wear it with caution.
Next we will move onto the basic thick plastic headband. These ones I would say our hit and miss. I mean it’s pretty hard plastic, so it doesn’t really have a lot to stretch out without snapping in half. I would say if you have a smaller or average size head, you SHOULD be ok with this one. However if you have a LARGE head, just move on.
Then there are the thin plastic headbands, these ones won’t give headaches as much as the thick, well mainly because there isn’t as much plastic on your head. Again do the tightness test by seeing how far you can pull the ends without snapping it.
The “I have no idea what you are made of under this ribbon and material.” I like these ones. How can you tell it’s one of them? You can pull the ends apart and you can go pretty far without feeling like it’s gonna snap in half. These ones I can wear all day, granted they aren’t the ones you can wear to hold your hair all back and stay back, they are more the fashion accessory. They will hold back you hair, I mean it’s a band on your head for heaven sakes, but it’s not going to be the tightest hold because it’s not a brain squisher…
And lastly, Heaven in a headband. If you are looking for the securely hold your hair back headband, or looking to hold back your underbangs for the day, or your bits when doing a show or working out (at least I assume they work wonders for that, I don’t actually work out so I can’t be sure) this is the headband for you. The elastic is woven, weaved?, stitched into the headband, giving it much more give. I would wear these on Saturdays for the show. I would put it in with my braids in the morning and seriously wear it for 12 hours with no problems. Everyone should get these.
Hopefully this has given you a little insight to headbands. There are MANY more types out there but I don’t really own them. Like the wash your face bands that go all the way around your head but are like an inch wide, I hear they’re stellar. There are the ones that have a cute design-y type top with the elastic on the bottom, I’m weary about the connection points to the elastic, whether that would create a dig point for headaches or not, but at least I got you started. Headbands can be that extra accessory to show that you put effort into getting ready or they can be the thing that just holds your hair back when you don’t want to get ready… the options are endless… Just remember if you can’t pull on the ends much without fear of breaking in the store, you’re probably going to need to carry some Tylenol with you.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Awesome! This is really helpful! Thanks, sister!
Post a Comment