Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You've Had a Birthday, Shout HOORAY!

She's my person. If I murdered someone, she's the person I'd call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. She's my person ...

There have been many moments in my life where I can relate what is happening in a Grey’s character’s life to what is or has happened in my life. One of those said moments is mine and Sarah’s friendship. Sarah is my person, she knows all my dark secrets, she knows all my shining achievements. We are dark and twisty together, we are there when the other person can’t be.

Well today, is SARAH’S BIRTHDAY. We will skip the part where I hate that she is 1,918 miles away and we can’t go have our birthday lunch and shopping and pedicures.

One year ago TODAY, Sarah also became Sarah Timms Thompson!! What a beautiful day it was standing next to her as she said her “I do’s”

Sarah, I love you! I miss you! I hope Matt pulled out all the stops for your big day! I hope that I can find just the right present to make up for all those miles and that Charlie is the mailman who delivers it to you. Happy Birthday to you!

And for today’s present… since my actual present isn’t purchased yet.. my memories:

Do you remember that time we were really dark and twisty and we made playlists that purposely made us feel WORSE. Ugh, sometimes I still like that playlist.

Remember that time we went to see Beauty and the Beast and then to Chili’s afterwards. We barely ate two bites of food, boxed it to take it home, but had to take a picture first and therefore left our meals in their boxes on the table.

Remember the first time we met at callbacks and you decided we could be friends, because I was equally old.

Remember when we drove home from Lagoon together, (while John drove everyone else home in my car) and I mentally decided we could be friends for the rest of our lives.

Remember when we got firehosed in the face on the Cliffhanger.

Remember when you made out for science… Ok I wasn’t there at that one, but it’s still funny.

Remember road trips to the cabin and singing really loudly… “She’s a player and a downright whore”

Remember celebrating Christmas TWICE so other’s wouldn’t feel left out?

Remember all the ugly t-shirts we used to have? I almost wore “I’m too Pretty to think” to changeover this weekend.

Remember how you’re my best friend? Yeah, me too.

2 comments:

Steph said...

So I love that you have a person, I have a person too. And every time you talk about your person who you get dark and twisty with I love love love it and frankly get a little jealous it is not me. But I am glad you have a person! And I am glad I have a person. And I am glad that when our people are not around we can sit by each other at plays...

Sarah said...

how did it take me like three weeks to find this post?

thank you for the post...

being firehosed in the face you would think was a better experience than it ended up being. In real life it was just cold...