Dear Cavo and Lifehouse:
Remember that one time you came to Salt Lake with Chris Daughtry and were AMAZING? I remember too. And added note to Lifehouse, I thought it was super great how you had your bass guy sing that one song. I will be buying your cd shortly.
Dear Daughtry:
You were also great. I especially liked the remake of the Phil Collins song that you did. You should consider releasing it on an album. Sorry that we forgot our ear plugs, and left a little early due to sore ears. I hear the rest of the concert was just as great!
Dear Drunk Man at the Daughtry concert:
Yes, it’s true. Here in Utah, a lot of people don’t actually get wasted at concerts. Even fewer people are like you, who come tanked before the first opening band. AND if I want to sit in the seat that I paid money for instead of just standing, then I’m going to sit and don’t need you shouting “Come on Salt Lake stand up!” because I’m stubborn and am going to keep on enjoying my seat. Next time maybe you should buy a seat on the floor or just somewhere that is not next to us.
Dear Hair,
We’ve had this conversation before, I do try to take care of you, and granted I do put you in a pony tail A LOT lately, but can’t you please just stop splitting so much. I even got you that fancy haircut last week, you remember… you were so soft and smelt heavenly… so work with me here, stop splitting and start growing, the husband would appreciate it too!
Dear Rodeo
You were a pretty good car to us. Yes you had some problems, but you were nice and provided me peace of mind in the snow, that is until you broke in December and then I was just afraid that you would break again. So it was time to part ways, I hope you make a new friend somewhere else.
Dear Rogue,
I’m glad the husband found you. Please be kind to us for many, many, many years to come. We will do the same for you. Well, we will at least try, one day there could be small children in you, and sometimes they can’t help their grossness.
Dear Alero,
I just don’t want you to feel left out. I like you.
Dear Persons,
I know the saying is it’s the thought that counts… but maybe sometimes you should work on being EXTRA thoughtful.
Dear Jazz,
You’re fancy! Please continue to be so, it brings joy to my family and coworkers and extra income towards our needs and wants.
Dear local radio stations:
I would like to win free tickets to John Mayer please. See what you can do for me, thank you.
Dear Relief Society sisters that I sat by on Sunday:
I’m sorry that I have NO clue what your name is. But thank you for being nice and saying so many nice things about me, from the way I sing to how becoming black is on me. (I’m not sure you meant on my fingernails, but still….)
Dear Spring,
I like when you show up. Even though I don’t have a lot of cool springy clothes, I still really like you and invite you to stick around for a long time.
Dear Parker,
I’ll show you, “I want to play the Wii with Squirt, cause I KNOW I can beat her…” remember how I won most of them… Remember how I also can’t really move my arms since then. Good thing I think you’re cute.
Dear So-doku,
Sometimes you make me feel good about myself and smart, other times you make me feel a little dumb when easy is still too hard for me. But I’m not giving up on you yet. No sir, I still have 5 weeks of Musketeers to get through.
Dear Life,
Sometimes, I want you say to you, Really? But then I remember that I am pretty darn fortunate and blessed, and so I try to cut you some slack….
Love,
Elisha
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment