Yep those are all caffeine withdrawl symptoms... And I've had them all this weekend. My headache is now a minor throbbing, I hear it can last up to two weeks... (awesome, can't wait for that)
My first weekend without caffeine was a challenge. People think girls are moody when they hit that certain time of the month, try taking a girl off of caffeine, I feel like my emotions are everywhere!
Friday I felt pretty in control and happy. Rick and I went to dinner at Training Table, and I just wasn't sure what to drink... empty calories have been an enemy of mine since I lost 25 pounds two years ago. I settled though on a lemonade. We went to hear some bands play, so that Rick could do a favor for a friend and work on a project for school. The good news is, it was so loud that that headached overshadowed my caffeine headache. Most of the bands were really good and fun to watch and listen to. One band though, their songs were TOO long, and I could NOT watch the lead singer. He stood in the "I'm singing in a band so I must stand like this" lung and was just too funny to me. (maybe I wasn't as in control of my emotions as I thought) I was laughing hard at times, and had to look away from the stage.
Saturday I started feeling the depression hitting me (I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that I'm single and it was Valentine's Day) I went out shopping for a dress, with no success in three and a half hours so I decided the best thing for me to do was just to go back to bed. I did until it was time to go to work. Saturday night, closing night, was pretty uneventful and quiet and easy, just like I like Saturday night, work nights, to be. I headed home and went back to bed.
Sunday, I was still feeling a little all over the board with my emotions. Did the church thing, really tried to pay attention, but one speaker just had me completely lost. It was sibling Sunday, so the siblings and Parker and Maelie came over. After dinner I went to lie down, like I do, and Parker came in to have me read him stories, I read the first one, and the second one and then admitted I was getting sleepy and so after each story he would say I'm going to get another one, don't fall asleep Squirt. Well his break to get dessert lasted a bit too long and I was out, fast asleep. I of course then woke up at 9:30 feeling refreshed from my nap and just wanting to go back to sleep. I stayed up though and watched pointless tv.
Monday, I love holiday Mondays! I went out shopping again for a dress, feeling tired and stressed about it, taking pictures as I went. I did find a strong possibility though. I bought it and unless Sarah hates it, it'll be a keeper. Can I just tell you fabric stores on holidays are INSANE! I vow to never go to another one on a holiday again, just way too many people. In addition to my dress, I bought a skirt, vest and belt...simply because I can. I know, what happened to getting out of debt, right? I'm still on track, so no worries! Other highlights of the day, I cleaned my car, had good conversations with friends, and I bought Danny Beck's cd. I love me some Danny Beck, in a very non-stalker-ish creepy kind of way. Last night was our first tech meeting and then tech rehearsals start Wednesday for us. I'm disappointed that Deedee and I aren't running spot on the same nights, but supposedly her double will need Deedee to cover a lot and I'm still in the theatre on the nights Deedee's there so at least I still get to see her. We had our orientation with the actors, it still amazes me sometimes, how some actors think they are so much better than everyone else. I mean I give them credit for making the show, there is a lot of talent at auditions and they won, but really they are only part of the masterpiece. (a big part I understand, but still only a part) (granted these feelings could be the caffeine withdrawl talking) I'm looking forward to learning new things this week and for the adventure these next nine weeks will be, and hopefully a new awesome feeling about life without the addicition of caffeine!
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment