Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Allergic to Onions... Really?

For those who may not know- I, on occasion, don't think I'm busy enough normally so I volunteer for things, like cooking for the cast and crew at Hale. Well this weekend happens to be the weekend that I have volunteered to cook and I'm really struggling over it. Supposedly someone in the cast is allergic to onions and green peppers. Really allergic or Elisha allergic? (Like I'm allergic to raisins and fish and anything else I just don't desire eating) So here I sit today, FREAKING out about what I'm going to make, because all of my normal signature dishes have onions or green peppers or both. And I have to decide TODAY because it's the only hours I have off of work, while Costco is open. And above that I need something not too time consuming to make, again due to lack of hours away from work. Any brilliant ideas in the next three hours would be appreciated. I have to feed a snack and dinner to 30 people.

3 comments:

Candice J said...

Speghetti. It never fails. Buy some pasta, buy some pasta sauce, buy some garlic bread and a tray of veggies and there you go. Really simple. :) (I am also aware that I have probably misspelled it.) Yes it's messy, but that's why they have coverings to wear over their clothes. :)

Elisha said...

We must have the same last name for a reason... that is EXACTLY what I ended up buying for dinner!

NatBug said...

Elisha, I am ashamed to admit it, but I am such a picky eater that when I don't like something, I just tell people that I am allergic to it! That way I don't have to eat something that I don't like and I don't have to turn them down just because I don't like it!! I know that's bad, but that's just the spoiled litlle kid in me coming out!!!! The Onions & Peppers person is probably just like me!!!!