Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Disneyland...

I spent last weekend in Disneyland with my family for Parker's birthday. The weather was good, It was CHRISTMAS in Disneyland, Parker was excited (well after he was done being sick the first day) and overall had a good time.

Recap of the vacation:

We arrived Thursday later in the afternoon, checked in, ate dinner and then most were asleep by 8:00pm. I, of course, had to stay up to watch Grey's- Which reminds me, I'm glad our shows go 7-10 and not 8-11, granted I'm usually up that late but it just seemed so much later.

Friday started a little rough, with Parker being sick. We rode "big kid" rides while he hung out in the stroller. We watched the parade (I love the parades) and rode some more rides. Sadly all of my pictures from that day mysteriously disappeared off my memory card.

Saturday Parker was back to his crazy self. We rode small world (not always my favorite) I thought it was cute and enjoyed it
(again pictures are missing.)
We rode some more rides.
Parker loved the matterhorn cause it went fast!

We went over to California Adventure, rode some rides there, ate, watched the Play, Play, the Play Parade.. (I loved the jingle)







































Then went back to Disneyland for dinner, Fantasmic, and a WET run (well two in a row without having to leave the log) on Splash Mountain...
this picture is after the FIRST run.. Funny and Sad (and cold) all at the same time...

Sunday we did a lot more little rides, and finally got my dad to take advantage of his "handicap" state (since he had his knee replaced, he has a walking stick) to cut us to the front of the ride for a couple rides. We went back to California Adventure, rode tower of terror (loved it!) watched the parade again, went back to Disneyland for the parade (we're silly about parades I tell you)







































(I think Bashful is my favorite dwarf)
A couple more rides and fireworks and snow on Main Street to end out the day.
Parker's favorite ride was Pirates and would sing Yo Ho Pirates life for me!














And while this trip was about Parker... let's not forget how cute Maelie is..

Monday we ate and caught our shuttle van to the airport. After checking our bags (a scene when there are seven adults and two little ones on the same reservation) I realized I didn't have my cell phone with me. I remained fairly calm, meaning I didn't cry, got the number from my dad and called the shuttle service. After a good time on hold, they let me know the driver had my phone and was headed back to the airport. The driver pulled up and came running out and handed me my phone, I tipped him and he said "I hurried back for you as fast as I could, you know why?" I asked why and he said "Because I respect the mormons." Awesome huh!?! After a delayed departure, we arrived home in time for me to shower and head to work.

Now here I am back at work (at least for a couple day.. woo hoo for paid holidays!) and reworking on those goals I set last week.

Good news is, I tried to be cautious and smart about how much I spent in Disneyland.

1 comment:

NatBug said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! I am totally jealous of all the fun you had. That is quite a birthday present for Parker, can we say spoiled!?!? Anyways, that is awesome what the shuttle driver did for you and what he said was so cool! BTW-I just love Maile's miniie mouse hat, so cute!!!