My grandpa Clair passed away this morning. I am so thankful to know that families can be together forever and that even though we say goodbye for now, we don't say goodbye forever. I am thankful for the prayers and thoughts being offered up in behalf of my family. I know that we can feeling the Spirit of peace because of them.
Just a few memories I have of my grandpa:
He loved the great grandkids. I don't think anything made him happier than when the great grandkids would come to visit. Whit got a precious picture of Maelie and grandpa last week that is on their blog, that we will now treasure forever.
Grandpa always goosed everyone, and every single time it was funny.
He was a perfectionist and everything was maticulate. If we touched the walls he would get mad at us. I was scared of him when I was younger but realize now how he just wanted things to look perfect.
He loved Kentucky Fried Chicken.
He has a billion shirts. We always had to call grandma and to explain what the shirt, we wanted to buy him, to make sure he didn't already own it.
He loved walking Wally, and if I could I would make sure I could run out and give them both loves when they were walking past my house.
I am going to miss him, but feel great peace in knowing we will see him again.
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about that, Elisha. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Elisha, I heard about his passing yesterday at church. I was sitting in class reading my relief society announcements when I saw his name on there and that he had passed away at home on Friday. I was so sad that I started to cry. Your Grandpa was always so kind to me! I know that your family will miss him so much, but as you said it, it is only goodbye for now.
Jack went to his viewing last night, he said that the line was so long! That just goes to show how many people loved your Grandpa! I am sorry that I couldn't make it, I had the kids to tend with. Anyways, I am so sorry for your families loss, at least he didn't have to wait long to be reunited with his beloved Wally. Love you, take care, Nat
It's so lovely to remember good times with people who have moved on. I am sorry for your loss, and that I didn't text you more this weekend.
Elisha it was so fun to see you at the viewing. It seems like when you get older the only time you can see people or catch up with people from the past is at funerals and weddings. I hope that the funeral went well. I have always loved your family. When I see your grandma and your mom and they look the same it makes me feel like a teenager again. I know it is hard to watch someone you love suffer. I had a daugther that was born with brain damage. She lived for two and a half years and it was so hard to watch her struggle. I was so glad that she didn't have to suffer anymore when she passed away, but I would rather have her with us then gone. You are your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Drop in on my blog sometime.(happyhendricks.blogspot.com) It was great seeing your family. Allyson
Post a Comment