Monday, November 17, 2008

Time for some changes....

I have a great life! While I sometimes forget that, it's true, I am truly blessed with so many things. But now is the time in my life where I make some changes, to make my life even better!

I am 27 years old, I'm about 5-10 pounds over the weight I'd like to be, but otherwise healthy, I work two jobs, both which I like. I have great family and friends who serve me and often support, so really what changes do I need to make right? Well I'm 27 and while I know it could be worse, I have a lot of debt (especially for a girl who lives back at home and works two jobs) I am slowly gaining back the weight that I worked hard to lose, I often don't have the greatest priorities with my time and energy. So here I am listing the things I really want to focus on in my life over the next few months to make me a better person-

1- Get out of debt. I know that if I focus on this I can do it by summer 2009, but it's going to take concentration and discipline. I don't want to be someone who can't ever do anything fun with friends or for myself becuase I'm on such a tight budget, but for the next few months I'm going to really concentrate and be very choosy at what I do so that come summer, I will be saving money and will be able to live free of debt.

2- Become a stronger person spiritually- In Brand New Year, for the youth, they offered a challenge to all the youth around the world to say their prayers morning and night and to read their scriptures at least 5 minutes a day. 5 minutes- I should be able to find that no problem- My mom once found a quote that said something along the lines of If you are too busy to read your scriptures, then you are much busier than the Lord ever intended you to be. I don't want to be too busy for the Lord, not when he has blessed me so much. In addition to those two things challenged to the youth, I want to make it to the temple at least once a month.

3- I want to be healthier. I am not a fan of the gym, mainly cause I just have a hard time finding a time that works for me. Mornings and I are not often friends. But there are other things I can do to be healthy. Limit the sugars I eat, limit the diet coke I drink, (you may notice I did NOT say QUIT diet coke, that would just be silly) limit how much I eat out (that will help with healthy and with getting out of debt) Go back to a weight watchers mentality, watching my portion size and including more vegtables.

4- I want to be a more organized person, I want to work at keeping things in their place (and that place not being on the end of my bed)

5- I want to serve more- Our bishop challenged the ward to do 8000 acts of service between now and Christmas. I hope that I can do my part in abundance! I want to be a better friend, to realize what friends need when they don't say it, the same goes for my family.

I want to be a better person all around. I want to be the me, who is ok with me all of the time, not just when my friends convince me that who I am is great. I blog these things, because sometimes I lack in the follow through of things. I don't usually set new years resolutions because I know by February I'll have forgotten about them. So I'm asking you to keep me in check, help me be the person I want to be. I have many great examples to look to and I know that if I can stay focused there isn't much I can't accomplish.

3 comments:

Robin said...

You're great. Seriously. Great. I know you can do whatever you put your mind to.

:)

Sarah said...

Thank you for setting such wonderful goals. Not only do I know it will make you happier as a person, but it inspires me to do the same. And... man... isn't it easy to just live life with no direction? Yeah, tragically it is.

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

That is great Elisha. I love that you are willing to put yourself and your thoughts out there. You can totally accomplish all those goals and now...I think I will go set some for myself!