Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For all you Stalkers...

I have nothing really exciting to blog about, but I feel like I owe it to the people who are bored at work and stalk blogs hoping to find something new, to blog about something/anything. So here it is the exciting update of my life…

I did NOT win anything cool or even anything uncool at the Thank You Party. I’m guessing if I had, I wouldn’t have taken so long to blog about it. I did however have a good time and had my one and only snow cone of the summer… and it was delicious.

I had a lot of wonderful people come and see Pirates of Penzance, making performing all the more worthwhile. One night while I had some of those wonderful people there, I totally ate it on stage. The stage hadn’t worked correctly and in trying to fix the first problem, another portion of the stage moved and I hit it while running and fell less than gracefully. Luckily for me, my friend also hit the stage at the same time so people weren’t sure if it was an accident or if it was supposed to be. I’m sure Deb’s graceful quiet falling could have been choreographed but mine; pretty sure the look of horror would have given mine away. Pirates is all said and done, and what a wonderful time I had with this show; with a wonderful double, and a wonderful cast to be a part of, I love my TThS girls and our 5 hour energy shows and Pilates backstage and weird dressing room conversations, it will all be a special memory I treasure.

I got another calling in my ward this month. In addition to my once or twice a month leading in sacrament, I am now the Primary chorister. Last Sunday was my first week, and what a great bunch of kids we have, and wonderful singers. I’m excited to see what things they can do and learn. I’ve already looked over the music for the 2011 program and I’m excited. I know most of the songs and I think the kids do too, and there is a beautiful new song that we will be learning. It’s just times like this I wish I would have saved all the pictures I’ve colored, because I know I colored at least three of the songs in the past.

Season Premiere week has come; I love this time of year! I enjoyed all the ones I’ve seen so far and can’t wait to see what the season brings in my shows. (Poor Bryant hates TV season and my love of so many shows)

Sarah is back. I’m selfish and am glad she’s here, but at the same time my heart aches to have her here, because I know it means she is missing Matt while he serves in Afghanistan. We hung out last week and watched Grey’s together and talked and cried. I think I will constantly be amazed at how similar we are at times, and how when I first met her I was like I don’t think I could ever just hang out with Sarah.

And now just a few random thoughts to finish up.
-My birthday is in SIX days… My awesome husband is planning out a big fancy cake (I assume on the fancy… I know on the big) We are having the family for dinner and all things good.
-My husband is great and puts up with me even when I inadvertently crush his hopes of awesome things (see wedding present and almost birthday cake… I always love what he does, I sometimes am just awful at ruining it before I ever see it to love) He puts up with me when I hum in my sleep (or so he says, although he was a teeny bit grumpy about it this morning) He is just a really good guy that I love.
-My ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY is in TEN days… Can you believe it!?!?! Sometimes I can, sometimes I cannot. We had talked about going down to St. George for the weekend, but then Bryant had a test and I’m working Drowsy Chaperone, and we scheduled family pictures (ok we scheduled them after we decided no to St. George, but still) so we are doing a mini staycation-ish.. Friday (anniversary day) We are going to go to the temple, then head to Park City and browse the outlets (cause I’ll probably have birthday monies to spend too) then the husband is making dinner reservations at Christopher’s… cause we bought a groupon there. (Groupon and City Deals could get their own bullet because I love them) Saturday, we have to go the school and work and have our picture taken and then we are going to help mom Brown get the house ready for Canadian Thanksgiving. Sunday, after we enjoy the goodness of Canadian Thanksgiving we are heading up to Logan to stay at Anniversary Inn and then take our time Monday coming home and stopping at really good hamburger joints. I am really going to try and take more pictures at the one year anniversary than we did on the honeymoon…
-I’d like to reiterate I love my friends, new and old. I mentioned the friends from Pirates briefly, but I’ll say it again, I love my theatre people, crazy as we may be, there is joy there (even if sometimes there are people crying) I had lunch with Sarah and Robin this month… we all grew up it seems… Robin is even going to be a mom… Cecily, my voice teacher and friend- I love voice lessons, the singing, the talking instead of singing, love it all. I am blessed with great friends who are there even when my awesome schedule doesn’t always allow me time with them.
-Fall is almost here- I wore a sweater last week. Granted this week it’s in the 90’s but turtlenecks and boots are just around the corner. Although I would prefer winter to not follow fall so closely. Dear Mother Nature, please see what you can do about that. Thank you, Elisha.
-Ice Cream cones- I love them and I don’t feel guilty in the slightest eating them. I feel like because it’s like at least half the ice cream I would eat if I had a bowl then it’s in a way not bad for me at all. Probably not true, but please no one tell me so.
So there you have it, an update… and next update could include PICTURES!! It’s exciting I know.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Fun new calling! You can come be the choirster for my primary!

NatBug said...

Wow, your life seems so much more exciting than mine! I think that primary choirster would be a fun calling, although I am tone deaf and don't know a thing about music.

Robin said...

Yay for a blog post. :)

It was so good seeing you the other day. Let's make sure we don't go forever long before we do it again.