Week Two and the Last
This week was HARD mentally, and so I quit. I lost ten pounds in the first week and thought everything was great, in the second week, I’ve lost two pounds and I feel frustrated and discouraged and I think it could be my body saying we’re done. I hate to quit because I don’t want to be a quitter, but really I feel like I’m at my limit and even though I’m not quite at the 15 I had hoped for, and even though I haven’t reached three weeks yet. I’ve achieved other goals that I wanted. I feel better. I’ve refocused in on portion sizing (I even made Bryant a normal healthy portion of spaghetti this week instead of like the entire package) my clothes are fitting much nicer, and I’m not having to pay at weight watchers. If I can maintain those things the extra few pounds that I didn’t get are fine by me.
The updates (sorry no pictures)
First update; Bryant got pretty sick and weak at week one, and so he stopped taking the drops and will just work on maintenance. He has still done pretty well and is down a few more pounds since then hanging out around 188.
Now for my week: Thursday, I just couldn’t take another piece of reheated chicken for lunch. I looked at some lunch meat and decided to take two slices of that instead. It was delicious. It however was NOT worth the 0.7 pounds I gained the next morning. I was so discouraged and angry. Yes, technically I cheated, but not like others that I know that were doing the diet and continued to lose or stay the same. I bounced back Friday, drinking more water to flush away the sodium from the day before and worked really hard and the results paid off. I was down 1.9 pounds on Saturday, the biggest day yet. But then it all stopped. I did three shows on Saturday, ate what I was supposed to, and no loss Sunday morning. Sunday, followed the diet, I did eat an egg for one of my proteins (a welcomed change, even though I only like eggs on occasion) stepped on the scale Monday, no change. So I decided to give it one last push. I did an apple day on Monday. Those unfamiliar with the diet, an apple day is for when you plateau, you are give six apples to eat over 24 hours. (Yes family, I lied to you saying I had eaten chicken for dinner, I just wasn’t looking for further lectures) I can no longer eat the skins of the apple, so I just wedge them and eat the inside and throw the skin away. Yesterday I got on the scale and was down 0.8, not as much as I was hoping for but at least it was something and will hopefully jumpstart the rest of the week. Yesterday was a hard day mentally. I hated my chicken and salad for lunch, although my breadstick cracker was tasty as always and just struggled, trying to remain optimistic knowing that I had a steak at home to eat for dinner. Half way through the afternoon, I was just done. I took my last drops before dinner, I will go back to weight watchers counting and see if that gets me the last few pounds, and if not, then I will just try to maintain where I’m at today. I followed the diet just like I should for one last day, this morning I stepped on the scale and up .1 which is nothing I know, but still it’s not a loss and so it confirmed I was done. So now I will hit maintenance, it’s kind of like an Atkins diet, lots of protein, no sugar, no carbs for a few weeks to mellow out my system then back to weight watchers life. I might even count points again for a few weeks, but don’t hold your breath on that one.
Cravings of this week were chips and salsa and olives. Although I’m sure had they not been in sight I wouldn’t have had the craving.
Would I suggest this diet to others, maybe, it helps if you love all food and can mix and match from choices you are given. I say maybe, because I think of like weight watchers, which I have been a lifetime member at for almost three years and I still go back monthly and still revert back to what I learned there. I did HCG for two weeks, will I ever try the diet again, nope, probably not. It hasn’t been all that hard physically but mentally there are definitely challenging days. I know you can get quick success on this diet but then you will have to work hard to maintain, and I’m hoping I can do that, and I feel that sometimes we need that quick success to keep up the work. Weight Watchers is a fantastic plan, best out there I think, but not everyone has the patience for the weight to come off in their time frame and not everyone has the money to keep paying for it. The best thing to do is find what works for you and work hard at it.
In non-diet news, Bryant and I were able to head to Lagoon with his family over the weekend. It was beautiful weather and he had a nice time and got to see a couple friends in their last shows for the summer. Not to mention, Bryant was able to ride Wicked for the first time, we rode Samari (LOVE IT) and got the entire family on the Turn of the Century. And since we stayed away from wet rides, I felt a lot less gross when we left. I did miss getting the goodness of food at the concessions but still had a great time.
Hale Centre Theatre is having their annual Thank You Party tonight. They are doing a luau instead of a formal event, which makes me a little sad, but they had a formal event in July for the 25th, so I’ll take a party either way. Keep your fingers crossed that I will win something cool in the drawings.
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment