Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An update..

And just like that another month has passed. So here’s a little update in the life of the husband and wife.

The last weekend in June, my family did a little staycation. While we couldn’t join in for all of it we did hit a few events. We headed to Seven Peaks. It was a crowded day and I think I only went down five slides, my favorite being the half pipe one. My last slide of the day was the purple slide. We all waited in line and Mae was excited to go down and then we got to the front of the line. I handed Mae to Bryant to put my tube in the water and then he handed me Maelie. She FREAKED out. Funny and embarrassing, I thought she’d be fine once we started and want to go again by the end. NOPE. She cried the whole way down and now will always repeat no purple slide if you ask her if she wants to ride it. Thursday we were able to grab dinner with the family at one of our favorite places, Red Robin. Then B headed to play Rockband and I headed to rehearsal. Friday we had a nice dinner at Goodwood and then a side trip to Kohls then game night at our condo. Saturday after a side trip to Hale to see if we could fix the lights that had gone out, we headed to Sara’s for a BBQ, but called it a night before fireworks so I could get working on a cake.

For the 4th of July, we started our weekend off on Friday. We had dinner at the Red Iguana 2, saw Robin Hood at the OBT and then stayed overnight at the Anniversary Inn. We stayed in the Kahn Mansion room at the South Temple location. It wasn’t as nice as I was hoping for. The jetted tub was small; the door seemed broken and overall just left you blah on the first impression. So noted for future stays. Saturday morning we got up and headed to his parents house. We wanted to surprise them when they came home from trek, so Bryant went to work on the living room and I went to work in the kitchen and got everything cleaned. We borrowed my parent’s carpet cleaner and Bryant cleaned the carpets in the living room. Patsy and Spencer were very surprised and grateful. After getting cleaned up, we went to dinner at Chick-fil-a and then I headed down to Orem for a spectacular evening of entertainment. I was able to see Audra McDonald and Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade. Will, whatever, he was good but I’ve seen lots of good. Audra, on the hand, inspiring, breath taking, amazing, unbelievable. And being that close. I was on the 3rd row and could see the tears she cried. It was incredible. I’m glad I didn’t miss it. Bryant was glad he didn’t miss out on second dinner of pizza benders with my parents. We had a bbq on the 4th at grandma’s house. On the 5th the plan was bowling and a bbq. Bryant’s family called and invited us to see The Last Airbender, so B headed there and I headed to Fat Cats with the family. The first game was not a pretty one for me. By the third frame I could no longer feel my fingers and wasn’t feeling so good. (Bowling and carpal tunnel just aren’t friends) The second game, I decided to go left handed. I thought it would be less painful but just as ugly, but much to everyone’s surprise, my 5 strikes landed me in 3rd place The weekend was fun but left us feeling pretty exhausted to start another week.

Last week, B and I had two nights off in common! We were able to see Toy Story 3 and try out Wing Nutz for dinner. The service sucked and some of the wings were dry but we’ll probably give them a second chance. We liked the traditional sauce and the chili garlic sauce. Friday, we just grilled a steak at home, and baked (or nuked) a couple potatoes. We walked over to Petco and Kohls and then home so B could do homework and I could get a jump start on cleaning. Saturday was the usual, school, rehearsal, cleaning, homework, work. Although I was able to go to Target Optical and get a new pair of glasses ordered. It was the first time I’ve had to pick out frames alone, so hopefully I don’t look like a nerd in them. I grabbed dinner at Café Rio and took it to Hale and ate with Bryant. Then I headed to Bye Bye Birdie in Midvale. I really enjoyed the set they came up with and thought it was a great way to use the cement monster of a stage. There were a few sound glitches and I may have wanted to cry from the screaming but overall I was entertained for a good price.

This past Monday, Hale celebrated being opened in Salt Lake for 25 years. It was a nice evening, the stage broke during the stage, but 98% of the guys rushed down and worked hard so that the show could go on. My husband is so cute on stage, especially when he’s embarrassed :)

Tuesday morning I had an appointment at the Orthopedic Center at the UofU. My carpal tunnel has been bothering me more and more lately (not just when I go bowling) I thought they’d look at it, schedule a test or just tell me it’s all in my head. But nope, instead I’m scheduled for surgery next week. I’m a tiny bit nervous since that will be one day shy of three weeks before opening, but the thought of doing the show in pain doesn’t sound fun either. I’ll have to take it really easy at rehearsal for a bit, but plan to be close to normal for opening. They will be doing the procedure endoscopicly so hopefully it’ll be a faster recovery, but any prayers or positive vibes will also be welcomed. It could be a while before the next update again since I hear my typing will be slow for a while after next week. Until then I’ll try to snap a picture or two.

Oh and just a reminder, I'm in the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 4:00 and 7:30 cast for Pirates. I know I won't be there on Tuesday, August 17th, but I will be there Monday Sept 20th and probably a couple weekends with the other cast. I'll try to keep you updated. I'd love to see you there.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'll definitely send good vibes your way for the surgery! Yikes!