I’m tired, and it’s just an average week. Next week is tech week and the thought of late nights and early mornings makes me want to cry a little.
First, to keep it in order, the story of my surgery: B dropped me off at grandma’s house Wednesday morning and I hung out till it was time to go. I drove us up to the hospital, since Moses doesn’t do the freeway. I got checked in and was taken back to a room. They checked me out then made me change into a gown. I still think it’s silly that I had to change but whatever. The nice nurse came in to put my IV’s in. My right hand hurt and left a bruise to prove it. The left felt, well it was more that I didn’t feel that made me good with that one. Another nice person came in and wrote on my arm so they didn’t chop into the wrong one, then it was time to give up my glasses put on my shower cap and go for a ride. They gave me a medicine to relax me and wheeled me into the ice cold OR. I slid onto the bed, they put up a sheet and a very short 8 minutes later the Dr. told me he was stitching up my arm. I scooted back on to the transport bed and was taken to recovery. Recovery was the worst part of the day. The machine had to take my vitals three times and it seemed like it took forever, especially cause I felt fine and normal. After the third time FINALLY came and went, the nurse brought me my clothes and I experienced my first one handed challenge, that being, how do I put on my bra? But I figured out how to be resourceful and so started my one hand independence (well for the most part). I walked out to Grandma in the waiting room and we got in the car and drove 1300 East all the way to Draper. We picked up the pain meds and I headed home for a snack, an icepack and a nap. That night I was feeling good so I went to rehearsal to see what changes were taking place. Then home to sleep. The next few days were similar. Hang out at home, take naps, go to rehearsal. There were a couple times at rehearsal that someone grabbed my hand and I wanted to punch them in the face but overall easy breezy. My mom and grandma did my hair for me over the weekend and Bryant helped me change my bandage.
Monday I came back to work expecting still easy breezy, but was slightly disappointed. It was sore by the middle of the day. That night at rehearsal we ran the show and my hand did great and felt great, that is until adrenaline wore off then it didn’t feel pleasant at all.
Now, things in the Brown House are pretty normal. Busy as ever with work, work, rehearsal and school, plus not to mention the joys of only having three and one half working hands. It actually has been better than I feared it might be. I can do a lot with my left hand and Bryant helps out with things I can’t. He does things like open the ice cream and bags of chips, I’m obviously super healthy. He sweeps the kitchen, and straightens my hair for me. Mom came over last Thursday and vacuumed, but it needs to be done again. Maybe I’ll attempt it left handed this weekend.
Pirates opens in less than two weeks and I’m pretty excited. I’m in TThS cast but am switching with my double Molly a few times. If you’re coming, you should tell me when so I am hopefully there that night.
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment