Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally...

Every day I look at blogs and wonder if they’ve been updated… In case others are looking at mine and saying, “Nope, still the same…” Here is an update for you!

The show is opened, I have a night off here and there and things are great. But to fill in the last two weeks…

My hand did pretty well during changeover. Or my mom and everyone worked really hard so my hand didn’t have to. Saturday night, my mom and I once again flew through our side (who cares that it’s the easiest… we do a dang good job at it!) We helped with coloring and much to my cranky dismay, helped with the stairs. Sunday my mom and I were runners and cleaners. The catwalk never looked so good. We finished in great time and were off to my mom’s for a great meal and fun times with the family.

Tech Week started on Monday with a normal rehearsal in the rehearsal hall. Tuesday I got my stitches out in the morning and then that night we had Orientation, Wednesday we EQ’d our mics and ran placements of Act 2. Thursday, I may have peeled all the steri-strips off my wrist. At rehearsal, that night, we were running placements and stage movements of Act 1. Both days we left in pretty good time (any time before midnight is good time in my head) Friday was the first dress rehearsal for the TTS cast. I was nervous. Here we are the first time in our costumes, wigs and shoes running the show that we had never actually run onstage. It could have gone worse. I fell at one point; of course I used my right hand to catch me… that didn’t feel so good. I was frustrated and tired, but I had super great pin curls. We came back Saturday to run the show once with each cast. I managed not to fall on stage, but still was not feeling safe. During Act two of my show, I have a nice break off stage. I decided in that time to go find my treasured parasol (If we don’t break it for the whole run, we get entered into a drawing!) Well I found them all on a rock in the shop, behind other rocks. Well I went to climb on the first rock to get to them, and the second I put my weight onto the rock, I remembered they were on furniture dollies, so the rock tipped. I tried saving it and in doing so bent my wrist back and my incision popped open. I started bleeding a lot. Girls came running, because they heard the noise, and then one went for paper towels and ice and the other went for Bryant. We bandaged it up and Ryan, the stage manager and my friend, made the call that I couldn’t finish the show and needed to go the ER instead to possibly be re-stitched. I left, annoyed and angry that I couldn’t finish the show and we headed to the ER. We got checked in, the Dr. came in and unwrapped my arm. It was still bleeding a little, but the Dr, looked and pulled and pushed and gave me a Band-Aid! That’s right; I went to the ER for a Band-Aid. I get that I had to be sent because I was bleeding pretty badly, but a Band-Aid… most expensive Band-Aid that Hale has probably ever bought, maybe.

Sunday, I rested and kept my incision covered with my own Band-Aid, Monday was the final dress rehearsal for the MWF cast, as well as reblocking and learning and a couple new things. Monday was a midnight night. Tuesday was opening night, and in my opinion, it went really well. It’s always great to finally get in front of an audience.
Wednesday, I took the day off of work for a sanity day. I cleaned, like super clean, my house. I washed six loads of laundry. I folded, ironed and put away eight loads of laundry. I made it to the grocery store and ran some errands that night with Bryant to get him things to take camping. It was a busy busy day off.

Then it was back to the show. Thursday wasn’t our best show, which sucked cause my family was there, but it was still entertaining and I still looked cute. I also did the show Friday for my double, and then all three on Saturday. The weekend went by smoothly. Bryant was able to go camping with his family, so I did the shows, then came home and slept diagnolly in the bed. I was glad to have him back home on Sunday though.

Sunday, I helped Ryan decorate a cake for his brother in law and then I met the husband at Bryan and Whitney’s house for dinner.

And now here we are again. Last night was a night off of hardly anything (Bryant had to work the show) Dinner with the parentals, watching TV, painting my toenails. I also cut Bryant’s hair last night (so don’t make fun of him if you think it looks funny) I think it turned out alright and we are going to try a couple fun things with it, I think.

Tonight we are headed to Benihana for dinner and then to see the Lion King. Maybe we’ll even take a picture or two to post.

Until then, I hope all is well with you. I’ve had a couple friend’s and family come upon hard times recently, so if you can pray for them. I do.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad the show is open and everything is going alright with your wrist.

ooh, and I'm glad you blogged :)

NatBug said...

I am glad that everything with your incision turned out alright. The whole band-aid/ER story made me laugh. Not because you were hurt, but because they only gave you a band-aid! Take care and good luck with your show.