Thursday, August 26, 2010

And So it Starts...

A few months back Bryant did the HCG diet, with great success losing a total of about 25 pounds. He decided he would do one more cycle to see if he could get to the magic number in his head. (I’m just hoping his head doesn’t end up looking too big :)) Well since the past few months at weight watchers, I’ve either just skimmed by or I’ve ended up paying since I was over my allotted weight, I decided I would do the diet with him. And so it starts….
We looked at our calendars and what we had going on and decided to do our “Load Days” on Tuesday and Wednesday. For those unfamiliar with the diet, the first two days, you start taking the HCG hormone and you eat a lot. I guess it’s so you don’t die of hunger the first day. And to give the HCG time to really get into your system and to shock your metabolism. And so we ate and ate. Tuesday night my costume was a little bit tight for the show (no worries, tonight I’ve packed my corset to help that problem) Last night I think Bryant didn’t fall asleep but more passed out from eating too much. I guess all you can eat sushi and one of those HUGE hand dipped chocolate almond bars from Costco can do that to a person. Last night before bed we took our before measurements and pictures…
Here there are:


Elisha: Weight after Two Days of Eating 140.3lbs
Natural Waist: 30 ½ inches
Largest part of Waist: 33 ½ inches (Hopefully those will be the first three inches to go)
Thigh: 22 ½ inches
Butt: 39 inches
Bicep: 11 inches
Chest: 37 inches


Bryant: Weight after Two Days of Eating 200.2
Natural Waist: 38 inches
Largest part of Waist: 41 inches
Thigh: 22 ½ inches (that’s right it’s the same, and I didn’t feel awesome…)
Butt: 44 inches (he really has no bum)
Bicep: 16 inches
Chest: 42 inches

We’ll try and take weekly measurements, but it might just end up being we take them at the end of this Phase (three weeks)

Until then know that we are on this diet, which like I mentioned is a hormone, so we could be a little fragile. We are basically pumping ourselves full of pregnant person hormones. Yesterday, my emotions felt a little out of whack. Today also starts no Diet Coke for three weeks so my emotions could definitely be cloudy, and my head may explode from caffeine withdrawls.. Just giving fair warning.

And while there are probably some out there saying why are you doing the diet, well it's a personal thing and something each of us are trying to do for our health. We all know it's hard to lose weight but not as hard to gain it back and well we are just trying to stay away from these days...

1 comment:

Steph said...

And now it makes perfect sense to not Emmy with us!! I would not want to eat my spinach and carrots while everyone else was eating potato. Will you let me know if I can help you through the next few weeks? Like if you need me to talk you down from the Diet Coke ledge, let me know!