Monday, November 9, 2009

The Honeymoon

Sara and Chad had booked us a room at Anniversary Inn for the night of our wedding. I was convinced we were going to be in Jungle Room or Swiss Family Robinson, but I was completely off. Instead we stayed in the Romeo’s Retreat room. It was lovely and elegant and no awkward musical songs came into our head when we walked in. We opened all of our cards and then enjoyed the rest of our evening. We woke up early the day after the wedding and headed to my parents to have them run us to the airport. We got there, breezed through security, got our all important cinnabun, and headed to our gate. The flight to Denver is a blur, mainly because we slept most of it. We did wake up in time for diet coke and pretzels. (I love when flights offer pretzels.) We landed in Denver, picked up our cute rental car, and after one wrong turn, we were headed into the city.
We shopped around for a bit, bought me a belt so my pants would stay up, had lunch at Friday’s, and then headed to our hotel. We checked in at the front desk and went up to our room, to find two double beds… Bryant wasn’t having any of that and went back down to the front desk, said we were on our honeymoon and so they gave us a new room on a private floor with a king size bed. We headed to dinner at the Melting Pot that night, with a gift card that some of my coworkers had given me for my birthday/you’re getting married present. It was a fun experience, I had never really had fondue before, and it was a lovely dinner together. We headed back to the hotel and when we entered the parking garage our car lights came on. Bryant made the comment the lights came on, and I said yeah they must be automatic; my car at home does that. (Because I swear I never touched anything) The next morning we headed out and found our car battery was DEAD. Guess the lights weren’t automatic. The hotel shuttle had to pull up on the grass on the outside of the garage, so we could feed the jumper cables through the fence to jump the car. Talk about, I’m awesome! Once the car was running, we ran to the local Walmart to buy some freezing cold weather attire. We ate lunch somewhere although I have no recollection of where right now, and we headed to Wicked. The seats were comfortable, and the theatre was beautiful, minus the elf guy in front of us. I don’t say elf, like he was short and ready for Christmas, no I’m talking long hair, flowey sleeves, fingerless gloves and a tiara elf, and every time he stood up or sat down, we were privileged to see about three or four inches of his butt crack. Awesome… oh wait. The show was great. It was the same cast I saw here in Salt Lake, and once again I had wished Fiyero was a little bit stronger of a dancer and well all around. Although I liked him better in Denver than I did in Salt Lake, so maybe he improved. After the show we were driving back and I asked Bryant what time the Rockies game started. He looked it up on his phone and disappointment struck… The game had been delayed due to weather! I’ll admit, it was butt cold, but it didn’t make us feel any better. We sent a couple texts and posted some facebook posts to see if anyone could use our tickets on Sunday, since we’d be flying home before then. A former co-worker and friend, Rob, called and said he’d list them on craigslist for us, since he lived in the area. We went out for sushi, and chicken (I’ll let you guess who ate what) and then back in to the hotel. On the way back Rob called and said the news people were doing a story on disappointed Rockies fans and wanted to interview us, and to see if it was ok if he gave them our number. I said sure, and within a half hour the news man called us and got what hotel we were staying at so he could come interview us. The interview is hilarious…. First of all there is only one mic, so mainly I just sit and smile. Second, Bryant’s comment I love the Rockies, which is TOTAL lie. But it was a good memory. Sunday morning we had breakfast at Einsteins and did a little shopping and then again, I think we ate lunch at Chilis, and we headed to the airport for a uneventful (thankfully) flight home to start the rest of our lives.

2 comments:

BreAnn Clark said...

wow! it been a long time since i checked your blog! I can't believe all that has happened! married! Congratulations! what is your address? you looked so beautiful on your day, i just loved your dress!

NatBug said...

Thanks for updating Elisha! I loved reading all of that and looking at your beautiful pictures! I really like the picture of you and your dad and the one of you and Brian through the window! You looked so beautiful that night, I was glad that I got to stop by, even if it was for a short time. I do have your present though, you will have to stop by sometime and see our new place! Also, you should see if you could find your interview online and post it....it would be funny!