Monday, November 9, 2009

A Blog for My Person...

My person, moved to the opposite side of the county ten days after I got married. (Convenient that she stayed here until I had another live in person) but still it’s like the Grey’s episode where Mer is home recovering from her liver transplant and Christina has to call her on the phone to give here the play by play of Derek’s surgery. That’s now the life of Sarah Timms Thompson and myself. We give the play by play through texts, and emails and phone calls (Hooray for free mobile to mobile minutes) While there are multiple times I wish I was hanging out with her, eating rice krispie treats and ben and jerry’s for dinner, or wishing more that she was here for lunch at Chick-fil-a (or maybe Paradise or Sweet Tomatoes if we feel like shaking things up) I’m proud of her and her journey. I know that she is there for me as much now as she ever has been. So to my person… I miss your face like CRAZY! Thank you for getting me where I am today! Thank you for keeping me sane, when I’m falling apart. Thanks for the diet coke at the wedding, thanks for being the photographer interrupter, for helping me pick the dress and the hairstyle. For every little thing we’ve shared over the past five years.
Some (granted there is not enough time or space to list them all) of my favorite memories:
Lagoon. Nuff said there.


Our Dance… Every UGLY thing Robin could think of, and us being somewhat excited to just be ugly.

The Cabin, Evanston Walmart, Evanston Wendys: Our high school musical t-shirts, our notebooks, food to last weeks but only meant for days, and the pick-up truck of guys who TOTALLY wanted us.


Thank You Parties





Chick-fil-a, in the grown up section, of course.

Your wedding day


My wedding day



Plays that we went to, only to find out what nice friends we are, for sitting through it.

Ushering at the Grand

Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice chats

Even though we are way too many miles apart now, I hope you know you’re my person, "If I murdered someone, you’re the person I'd call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. You’re my person."

And I love you for it.
Hang in there! And thanks for the chat!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is the most specialist and fantastic blog entry ever. Possibly because it was about me. Possibly because the pictures were great. Possibly because both of us looked hotter at your wedding than at mine.

But more probably because I loved all the moments and memories, and because it's important to have a person to call to help you with the potential dead bodies.