So those who know me, know that I'm not one that really likes to venture outside of my comfort zone. I don't like new people, for the most part. I don't like big groups of people, I don't like trying new food, and lately I don't like wearing colors other than black... And I have heard it time and time again that I need to step out of my comfort zone every now and then. And when I actually do, sometimes I like it, although sometimes I don't. So it's always a risk to take...
Poor Sarah is very adventurous when it comes to food, and me well I could eat at the same places over and over and be happy with it. Occasionally I humor her and we go to new places, some memories I have of that... Mongolian BBQ restaurant by The Grand- I saw the restaurant
and thought maybe she was trying to kill me, but it was delish. I haven't been back since, but I remember thinking it was good. Memory two and three... The dodo.. did NOT like it on the first
round, second round it was better, the same with Trio, first time- HATED! Second time- pretty good. The Dodo and Trio happen to be two of Sarah's favorite places I think so I have learned I just need to be super picky about what I have. I mean the first time at Trio I got spaghetti, seemed safe right? No, I hated it, Matt liked it when he got it on my second visit, but it is not for me. As I get older, I am trying to keep an open mind about food, but it's true, if I have the option, I would just like my comfort staple restaurants.
and thought maybe she was trying to kill me, but it was delish. I haven't been back since, but I remember thinking it was good. Memory two and three... The dodo.. did NOT like it on the first
round, second round it was better, the same with Trio, first time- HATED! Second time- pretty good. The Dodo and Trio happen to be two of Sarah's favorite places I think so I have learned I just need to be super picky about what I have. I mean the first time at Trio I got spaghetti, seemed safe right? No, I hated it, Matt liked it when he got it on my second visit, but it is not for me. As I get older, I am trying to keep an open mind about food, but it's true, if I have the option, I would just like my comfort staple restaurants.Next up people- I don't like people. Some find this hard to believe but it is in fact true. I don't know if I have low self image and so I am afraid of what new people will think or if I just like the routine of our regular group. Well in the past few years, my 'regular group' has changed a bit. When I first met that Sarah girl, I said I think she's cool but I don't think I could hang out with her just the two of us... Now Sarah is my person. Deedee is a new person too that is now one of those people that I don't know what I would do without. And she was a new person, granted our transition was a little easier because we did a show together but still I don't always bond with entire casts, or at least to a point that it remains a strong connection even months after the show. I'm glad I have outgoing friends who I can hide behind while meeting and deciding on new people.
Lastly clothes. I don't know when I became an all black clothes wearing person, and while I add color in frequently (at least in my head it seems frequently) there isn't usually a day that I don't have SOME black on, if not head to toe black. Well yesterday I wore khaki's and a green shirt- a totally normal outfit for practically anyone, well I just felt off the whole day and of course I blamed it on my color of clothing. Today I am back to black shirt, black pants and fabulous shoes! And I feel totally comfortable in my surroundings. It was funny because a co-worker said to me today "Elisha, you own a lot of black" to which I responded, "Yes, it's my happy color"
In trying to determine why comfort zones become what they are, I think I have become a tad bit more confused.. As I said before I don't like new people, in part because I'm afraid of what they are going to think of me, I wear black a lot I think to blend in... (I have no excuse for the food besides I'm picky) but in staying in my comfort area of just my close circle of friends and in my black clothes, I am able to blend in and then sometimes I feel somewhat bad that people don't notice me. Which is just further proof that I don't know what I want and that I may be crazy...




.jpg)
3 comments:
I'd like to put a shout-out there for Elisha. A)she owned her issues and we all know how much I love that. B) good use of pictures and (most of all) C) what an awesome post you have there. Good writing, thought-provoking and honest. Could I love you more? Probably not...
I would like to second sarah's shout-out. Elisha pretty much rocks. I am so glad I know her.
That was a great post!! Sometimes I feel the exact same way. I think that is is so funny how different the human race can be, and yet at times, so similar. I just wish that one day I have the confidence to put all of my feelings out there too. You are great person and I am glad that you are who you are!!! ~Love Nat
Post a Comment