Friday, August 10, 2012

Oh Canada...

As I mentioned in my previous post, we were able to take a trip to Canada for a family reunion. Many thanks to my in laws for helping us get there. It was such a great time meeting the family and showing Juliet off. I wish we could move them all down to Utah so we could see them on a regular basis. Now for a little travel log (or you can just scroll through for the pictures)

We left Salt Lake at 7:00am Thursday morning. We had to wake Juliet up and head to my parents dark and early to get to the airport. Luckily we go there early because getting our tickets worked out was a hassle (since we needed to change a seat, since our travel agent book us on the same row as Bryant's sister and with the oxygen bags, we can't sit 5 people to a row) we finally got bored and took off. Juliet was a champion on the flights. We gave her a bottle for take off and she stayed awake for the half of the flight and slept the second half of the flight. We had a quick layover, with only time for the adults to use the bathroom and change their pants (Juliet peed on Bryant's lap on the descent into Detroit) and a quick diaper change for the babies. The next flight was short and uneventful and then we were in ghetto La Gaurdia, to eat a slice of pizza and then walk inside and outside of the airport and get on the tiny toy plane. Our last flight we were almost ready to decend and they passed out declaration cards for customs. Juliet wanted ours as I filled it out. I told her no and she proceeded to yell loudly at me. I just gave a look, like sir please contol your child. We made it through customs and headed to a lovely hotel in Halifax for the night. After a quick bit to eat and a batch of laundry (because we also got a lap full of diet coke on the last flight, thanks to Juliet's speedy hands) we were headed back to the room for bed. When I came back from doing laundry Bryant and Charlene were laughing hysterically at Juliet, who was entertaining everyone with her fold in half, face plant trick. (there is a video on Bryant's facebook page and before and after pictures in the previous post)

Friday morning, we were greeted by Aunt Cathy, Uncle Blair and Patsy. (Aunt Cathy and Blair were fighting so it wasn't the greeting I had been prepped for) After Bryant almost decapitated Cathy and after dropping Blair off, she was happier and ready for the prepped hugs. We met up with more family at McDonald's and so Bryant could get his McLobster roll, then it was time for the first of the drives to PEI. We got there and got settled in, while the boys hit the golf course. That night we had dinner and the Pickford's (more cousin's) got there. Saturday was more golf for Bryant, while Juliet and I headed out with the girls. After a wrong turn and a long time making up for that wrong turn, we got to the Anne of Green Gables museum. The cousin's went into the main house, while I fed Juliet her cereal... little did I realize that the main house was pretty much all we were doing. Juliet and I walked through the barn and gift shop and then it was back to the cabin. Saturday night we had dinner and took pictures and played a little BAM. I double bammed Nanny (and got hit for it) but I was proud!

The girls (minus Patsy, since she is taking the picture)
Princess and Sam just chillin



Ready for her close up

The entire group

The cousins
(back:Andrew, Sam, Bryant, Juliet, me, Ricky, Danielle, Alicia, Luke)
(front:Cristina, Jennifer, Tricia, Lauren, Jordan, Charlene, Cassie)
Sunday morning we walked down to the ocean. There were a ton of Jelly fish drying up on the shore. We took more pictures. Said goodbyes to the Pickfords and Lauren, and then started the longest drive of the trip back to Cape Breton Island. Once it got dark Juliet started getting upset because she couldn't see us, and I started to feel anxiety.. Poor Bryant has to put up with a lot with his drama girls.
Juliet in the ocean...she was less than amused

a family picture

Monday was hung around Cape Breton. The boys went and got lobsters,that Bryant cooked after following Nanny's good instructions. (pictures in the previous post, cuase they are on the other card) The girls ran to Walmart and the mall to grab a few souvineers. Most had a lobster fest, Patsy, Alicia and I went out to dinner. Sunday night we celebrated someone's birthday... Nanny's sister maybe? We met more people, but I won't pretend I remember their names... I know a few but not all.

Tuesday morning we took a lot of pictures and then headed for the last drive of the trip back to Nova Scotia, back to a great hotel (thanks Luke and Cathy for the hook ups) We taught Sam that water is ok in the pool. Re-packed and then headed to bed.





with Aunt Cathy (who gave up her most comfortable king size bed for us)
With Nanny and Grampy

Four Generation


Us in front of some place that was important enough that we stopped and took pictures


And there you have it. Our first family of three vacation

No comments: