Tuesday, May 15, 2012

8 Months

Juliet hit the big 8 month mark last week. It's crazy to think how fast time flies by. I was looking through old pictures today, and she has grown up. At 8 months, she is still spoiling us as parents. There was a week or so where she would not go to sleep by herself (she doesn't want you to hold her but she wanted you to lay next to her) and she woke up a few nights in the past month. She has one tooth in, and sometimes I think she is getting another, but I really wasn't too in the know when the first one was coming in so I can't be sure another is on the verge. She still loves to sit and play. She loves to sit in the bath tub and play with her ducks and letters .She is getting better at standing (until a month ago she absolutely hated it) and we practice standing every day. I don't know that she's any closer to crawling though. We practice tummy time each day, and most days she still hates it. Her favorite "toys" seem to the remote control, her ball (or Dorri's ball) and lately the plastic cups or box from grandpa's birthday present. She is still eating like a champ. I like to think her favorites are squash, sweet potatoes, mixed veggies and pears, but it could also be those are pretty much the only ones I feed her. And of course her absolute favorite is ice cream. We did try green beans last night. She did pretty well but didn't want to finish the container. She's still unsure about actual solids, whether puffs or bananas (we only tried that once, didn't go so well) or potatoes, so we will keep testing those out. She is also unsure about sippy cups but we practice on occasion to give her another option. She is weighing in around 16.5 pounds and I don't know how tall she is. But she must proportion her weight fairly well, because she's mainly wearing her 3-6 months clothes and still a lot of 3 month clothes. Unless it's a one piece outfit, then she's in 6-9 months. She will wear barrettes in her crazy hair, but we found out on Sunday is no longer a fan of stretchy headbands. She's a happy girl in the mornings and I love our time we have together before I take her to daycare each day. Here are some recent pictures. (A lot of people, even people who I feel like knew she had it, have commented that they didn't know she had a birthmark, so we hurry and snapped some pictures showing it off)



In Brown family events, we continue to be fairly boring. We have ventured out to a few of Parker's soccer games lately. It's so fun to watch him play. Last week we went to his game and then out to dinner with my family afterwards. At dinner, Juliet was sitting in the little wooden high chair and Maelie was jumping and trying to scare her and make her laugh, which she was successful at. Well after so many time Juliet must of had enough and snapped. She had such a serious mean face and just "yelled" at Maelie for 15 seconds. It was the funniest thing I've witnessed in a while. Here are a couple pictures from the soccer game.




Last weekend we also hit up the Bee's baseball game. We dressed a little for summer and then realized our seats were in the shade, but did alright. It was a fun time just hanging out as a family.

1 comment:

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

She is absolutely adorable! she is doing great, too! Look at her stand! Sounds like everything is going pretty good. Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming!