Yesterday morning, the husband commented that we should never do two shows, plus our full time jobs, plus school and a pregnancy at the same time again. And while there was a moment last week at work that I thought I would for sure collaspe and fall asleep right under my desk, I've been surprised at how well I've held up.
To give you a recap here's what we've been up to the past 10 days or so:
As mentioned in the previous SHOW post (don't forget that's coming up this weekend and next week!) Bryant was nominated, got volunteered, or chosen to design a major portion of our set for Joseph, when the other lady fell through. So he sketched up some awesome drawings in like 4 hours and then we took those drawings and projected them onto the eleven foot book. We spent six hours Saturday afternoon getting them drawn on and starting to paint them. We called it quits for the day so we could go home and take a short break before heading to Hale to work our 10pm-5am shift of changeover. (which went fairly smooth and I was able to do more than I might have imagined I could. Like hanging lights on the bottom bar. The baby MAY get in the way next time but we'll see what we can do)
Sunday we tried to get a little caught up on sleep, I should have tried harder without the dog around, and we spent some time with family, eating dinner and heading to the graves to place flowers for Memorial Day. I took a nap that evening (bad idea) and then stayed up until almost 1 again trying to go to sleep. Oh well.
For Memorial Day, we worked. I painted the set for 14 hours and Bryant painted and then headed to Hale to work and then back to painting, but we were able to get quite a bit accomplished, thankfully, because we were running out of time.
Tuesday was back to our "real" jobs too. Then back to the stage to paint and have our first run through of Joseph. It wasn't too shakey for having time off for the holiday. and we were at a good place in our painting to hand a few details over to people.
Wednesday we went on a date! After work we headed to Red Igauna for dinner, complete with jalepanos (I keep testing my fate with heartburn, so far I'm still in the clear) then we met my family and enjoyed a night at the theatre to see Les Miserables. The sound could have used some help, but overall it was a beautiful evening.
Thursday we spent our time at Hale, learning Act Two of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and we're pleasantly surprised to leave the theatre at 10:45.
Friday, I wasn't as lucky. I worked the tech rehearsal at Hale until midnight. Bryant headed to school and then home to our poor neglected dog.
Saturday was up early, so Bryant could go to school and I could wash my hair. We had two run throughs at Hale, then had just enough time to pick up our dog, who was thoroughly enjoying her time at my mom's, grab dinner and head to a dress rehearsal for Joseph. As we pulled up I told B that I felt a little like the prodigal son returning. I felt surprisingly well with how the run through went and eased my own nerves about still missing another dress rehearsal tonight. Bryant decided he feels good about his knowledge of the show at Hale and so he'll still head to Joseph tonight.
Sunday we were able to attend Jentry's blessing and spend more time with family as well as getting a few things accomplished, like losing my wedding ring and then finding it. Losing my shuffle and Bryant finding it. (Sometimes weird things happen, sometimes I'm just pregnant)
This week we have a full week of work, and school and Joseph and I have a couple Dirty Rotten shows to add in the mix. But I actually think we will continue to survive.
In baby news, I added a ticker, and you'll notice we're down to 99 days left. I'm fairly certain that I tore more of my abdominal muscle taking a real deep breath in to sing the other day, so that's a little tender. She's been moving a lot and found my ribs for the first time last week. Sometimes I think she must be doing little kid somersalts, the kind where they start to roll but then just flop over because they don't have as much control, at least that's what it feels like. I'll try to take another picture this week of my roundness. I still am feeling fortunate to not have a lot of swelling or any, to have my shadow still look pretty normal from head on and for feeling as good as one could hope for.
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
2 comments:
Ho. Ly. Cow. You ARE busy! Sounds like the fun kind, though, and that's nice to hear :-) Good luck during this last week of rehearsals (for both shows). See you at your show! Break a leg, sister!
Hey! Congrats on the baby, that's so exciting. Love your blog, I hope its ok that I follow! Let me know if you want access to mine and I'll add you to the list, just let me know what email to send the invite to :-)
Post a Comment