Here’s what we got accomplished this weekend though:
Friday night we opened Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was a great opening to a great crowd. Bryant’s toes might have taken a couple blows (or maybe that was dress rehearsal I don’t know) but we sang and danced and performed our hearts out and had a grand time. After the show we stopped for some quick frozen yogurt then home to get to bed.
Saturday morning, Bryant was off to school, and I was up to clean the house. I didn’t get to all that I needed to accomplish there, but the bathrooms are clean and the kitchen and dishes are clean, this week the goal will be the entire condo and all the laundry… Here’s hoping. I also worked my first show of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. It opened on Tuesday, but luckily my awesome double has been covering while I sing and play around on stage. The show was pretty successful, I did get behind once in cues, blame it on not seeing a cue or the button I’m not sure but I was able to catch by up without people noticing a big flash in the lights.
Funny sidenote story. It was hot at the theatre, not the funny part, and I sit on a taller chair where my feet just dangle. Well by the end of the show I got down and thought, man my feet hurt. I looked down and I swear my toes were the size of hotdogs! And my foot was grossly fat all around my sandal. I laughed and mentally freaked out a bit. It hurt to walk, but I got out to my car and pried my sandals off and then was headed on my way barefoot.
After a quick side trip to grandma’s house, I was home to bake a cake for Tricia’s birthday celebration on Sunday. My mom let me borrow her Pampered Chef batter bowl, and I managed to mess the first one up, but this second one came out perfectly. While it baked I rested with my feet up so that they would once again be a size that would fit in my shoes that night for Joseph. We had to run a couple errands and then off to the amphitheatre for another performance, where I managed to mess up one of my lines, but I think I covered enough that not a lot of people noticed. Either that or other’s were just worse than me so my mistake didn’t rank. Either way… We had another great crowd Saturday night. We are so blessed to have so many supportive friends and family members.
Sunday morning, Dorri and I woke up and we got the cake decorated. I was proud of the finished product.
Once we had that done we also got the cupcakes baked so they could cool while I was at church. I headed to Primary, where singing time could have been better planned, but the kids enjoyed themselves, so that’s always a win in my book. I got home, frosted the cupcakes, took a little nap so I wouldn’t actually fall over from my week plus of running around like a crazy pregnant lady and then I woke up, wrapped a present (in a gift bag) and we headed to dinner. At dinner I accomplished fitting into the chair that Andrew didn’t think I would, but I did. We had a lovely meal and then cake, visited for a while and then we headed home. At home I was able to once again paint my own toe-nails. They don’t look as good as last month’s but I think they are still really nice, and being that I’m 6 months pregnant, I think they look rather nice.
This week we are on our last week of crazy. We had a show after the rain and during the wind last night. This morning, I got up and made eggs and hashbrowns for me and the husband since I couldn’t have any sugar. I head to the Dr. today for my glucose tolerance test and for my RH shot and then to work and then the week continues with one show or the other. There are still two nights of Joseph remaining (Thursday and Saturday if you want to attend)
In pregnancy news, here are a few comments I’ve received over the past week or so:
Andrew: When you came out you hardly looked pregnant at all but then you turned sideways and it was like WOAH!
Nice Stranger: Great performance, I loved you and your baby
People: You can’t do that, you’re pregnant.
Cashier at the store: How much longer do you have? Me: three months Cashier: Wow really, and is there only one? Me: Yes Cashier: Are you sure?
Mom: I told you, you were huge!
.jpg)
3 comments:
1. Which crew are you in for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? I'm coming on a Wednesday and hope you're there!
2. I would not have remembered your flubbed line on Saturday if you hadn't said anything here..and even then I had to think about it for a minute. You covered well and had a terrific performance. I was so proud to tell people you're my sister!
3. From what I understand, cashiers need to stop talking to pregnant ladies. Or they need training in talking with them. Cashiers end up saying the least polite things!
Oh dear, peoples comments to pregnant people are so random, rude or just off! I think that some people think it is acceptable to say anything to a pregnant woman, but it really is not!
What cashier was it? What store? I'll punch her in the face...
Post a Comment