We talked and decided now was as good as any to try and start a family, each month would come and then pass by. On January 2nd, I took the test before church and waited my allotted time and went back in to check the results, I think I was expecting only one line (not preggo) but then there were TWO! I came out of the bathroom and Bryant was like so… and I was like do you think I should test again. I was in complete shock. I decided and convinced Bryant that we should wait to tell our families until I was further along in case something should happen. It was torture for Bryant because he’s a talker and likes to share things, especially with those we love. For me, it was just a fun secret that I knew and they didn’t.
We had our first Dr. Appointment on February 11th. It was pretty uneventful. I peed in a cup, they confirmed I was pregnant, (which was nice because in those first months you still feel normal and are like maybe I’m just making this up) I answered a lot of questions, but we weren’t able to hear the heartbeat, so the whole I’m pregnant thing still hadn’t really set in and or wasn’t super real to me.
The first announcement story:
We had decided we would announce it to our families on February 13th. And then mom and dad went out of town, but that was there loss because I had a plan and the husband was DYING to tell his family. We baked cupcakes that morning and we decorated them with a blue and pink footprint and then on the plates we delivered them on wrote: Happy Valentine’s Day! Love, Bryant, Elisha and the cupcake in the oven. We had Parker call my mom in Disneyland and tell her that he was going to have a cousin. She asked what a couple times and then caught on to ask “Who is having a baby” Parker answered Squirt. My mom almost swore on the phone. It was great! Both my mom and Andrew couldn’t believe we had known all this time without telling them.

We called a few friends and family and some coworkers the next day. My favorite being Aunt Linda, who actually did swear on the phone. (Just another reason I like her so much)
The First Trimester:
About the first trimester, I know that I could have had it a lot worse, I mean I saw what it did to Whitney, and am thankful for mine. I was beyond exhausted most of the time. And I felt nauseas almost every afternoon and evening. Thankfully I only threw up a dozen times or so. Smells KILLED me, and occasionally still do. I don’t think I had any freak cravings to food, just strong aversions to it. To this day, I wonder if I’ll ever eat roast again… my first thought is no. I wore fancy sea-bands to help with nausea and sucked on preggie pops to get me through.
We had our second appointment on March 15th. We waited FOREVER to see the Dr. She came in went over some results and then we listened for a heartbeat and heard one! It was a strong 130 BPM. We then broke up with our Dr. (pretending we didn’t already have our next appointment scheduled with a new Dr… again with my secrets and lies)
My tummy popped pretty early. I want to say around 12 weeks, but would fluctuate a little, but after about 13 and a half weeks it just stays out. Which has made hiding it at the theatre a little difficult, but only three more weeks to go of hiding then just a matter of laying low. Why the secrets and lies at the theatre, a choice I made to better secure my chances of running a follow spot for the June/July show. Although, some days I don’t do so well at hiding and we had to add another member to the secrets and lies club because she noticed the bump, and well she’s a good friend. Other people who have asked, Aren’t you expecting (like they’ve heard rumor or something) I just lie to them, and then they feel a little silly, which is probably rude I know, but it’s the choice I have made and I’m sticking with it.
14 weeks – Welcome to the second trimester!
I’m due September 13ish (you know how due dates are) I’ll deliver at St. Mark’s Hospital.
A funny pregnancy story…
The day that Bryan and Whitney had baby Jentry, I couldn’t wait to go and see her. On route to the hospital Tuesday afternoon, I started to feel a little bit queasy and knew I needed to get food BEFORE the hospital visit rather than after. Well I didn’t get very far before my body hated me so much that I had to make use of my in case of emergency bucket in the car. I have now learned to eat less more often, or the same more often (until I start gaining out of control amounts)
Needless to say, I didn’t make it to the hospital that afternoon, but was able to go up the next night with Bryant and my parents. Baby Jentry is so beautiful and it was exciting to see Bryant hold her and love her knowing that in a mere six months, it won’t be his niece but instead his son/daughter.
Now a not as funny story (to me at least at the time)
One night we were talking about some regard of me being pregnant and Bryant said, I’m actually surprised, I kind of thought you’d hate every second of being pregnant. And well it’s true, I haven’t hated being pregnant at all. The moments of feeling awful haven’t been many and while that first trimester of being exhausted was long, that too passed and I felt pretty good. Then I really hit a funk. One morning, I almost cried because I didn’t know what to wear to work. Whit has given me some maternity stuff but I’m just at a weird in between phase right now, like too big for my regular clothes and too small for the maternity stuff I’ve been given. I have worn a couple maternity things and I just want more of a shape, to be like look I’m pregnant, but thankfully not pregnant EVERYWHERE, yet. (I’m being realistic that it could happen) The types of funks that hit, over things I can’t control, like what gender is the baby, were and are a little ridiculous. I know it’s all hormones and I’m sure completely normal for those who have been preggo but I’m trying to find the new me in all of it.
The new Dr. story and appointment # 3 at 19 weeks story.
We had our first Dr.’s appointment with our new Dr. and at a new place. I loved it! Yes the ladies at the front desk were a bit strange. The lady who helped get me checked in was a nice friendly lady probably mid fifties, wearing blue mascara, four necklaces, three bracelets and eighteen rings! But a nice lady. The lady who helped schedule my next appointment, also probably close to 50, with BRIGHT blue chunky highlights in her bangs. (Can we say grasping to youth? Maybe) The office was clean and nice and laminate floors and accent walls and beautiful pictures and wall décor. It just felt so much more comfortable compared to the clinic I was at before. Dr. Yamashiro came in and he’s great. He was making jokes with us, getting information, really caring about what my file said and what I had to say. Then we went in the room next door to have some goo squirted on my tummy to see if we could see the large mango with arms and legs (that’s how big the baby is this week from head to rump) and to count the number of arms and legs and see if we might see something between those legs. Well the little mango wasn’t shy at all. It positioned it’s legs just perfectly to give us a picture taking pose of her girly parts. That’s right, we are having a girl. Now to plan things like the nursery, and other baby stuff like that.
So far everything looked good through our initial ultrasound. She has two arms and two legs, two eyes and a mouth. We go in for our anatomy scan next week to have everything measured or something like that. We saw her move around even though I still don’t feel her on a regular basis.
To celebrate Bryant and I went shopping that weekend and bought a few pairs of pants and shirts and a dress so with what Whit gave me I should be pretty set on not having a clothing breakdown for months to come.
19 weeks (These aren't my above mentioned new clothes, just my pre-pregnant clothes which could explain the shirt maybe being a little short)
Half Way Down!
I hit the half way mark on April 26th. I just hope the second half goes as smooth as the first half did because there wasn’t too much to really complain about. We went in for our anatomy scan (official ultrasound) yesterday and the baby is still a girl, she’s still not shy about showing off the girly part but she was a little shy yesterday with us looking at her head. When they wanted to measure her head or take a picture of her brain or something she kept putting her hand on her head blocking the shot. After asking nicely and a little shake she took her hand away to get the picture. At the end of the ultrasound they were trying to get a really good profile picture for us and her knee was right on her nose. What can we say our girl likes the fetal position. She currently weighs 13 ounces so just a few shy of a pound (I’m not sure what that other nine pounds that I’ve gained is for, I guess cushioning) and the tech and the Dr. said everything looks good. She measured two days ahead of schedule.
During the scan I was laying there and I started to feel a little funny. I thought maybe I was just laying weird so I tried to reposition and give myself a pep talk, but I still felt awful. So I told the tech I don’t feel good, I think I might pass out. (who really passes out in their ultrasounds?) She was like ok let’s take a break and lay on your left side. I guess from all the pushing on baby to get the pictures, the baby in return pushed on blood vessels limiting my blood supply to my brain. The tech said it’s more common later on, and verified that I really shouldn’t sleep on my back. (I wasn’t sure if that was just an old wive’s tale or fact cause I sleep really well on my back)
After our scan we stopped for delicious shakes at Iceberg and then home for dinner and rehearsal. I was still feeling a little off and dizzy when we made it to rehearsal and I was thinking how am I supposed to rehearse and sing and move? But as soon as I started singing I felt fine. So hopefully that trend keeps up.
Well there you have it, that brings us pretty much to today at 22 weeks. I'm feeling her move more each day, and I can't wait for when Bryant can feel her from the outside. I'm still feeling pretty good and still feel that I just look like maybe I swallowed a ball and greatly appreciate that from head on my shadow still looks pretty normal to me. It’s crazy and sometimes overwhelming to think in four months are little girl will be here.
This picture is a week old but it gives you a good idea where I'm at now.
.jpg)
6 comments:
You are adorable ~ It was good to see you on Friday! YAY for Baby Brown!!!
So excited for you! You look great! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. Can't wait to hear more stories and see more pictures. Amelia Jane and your little cupcake will have to play whenever we come to UT to visit!
We are so excited for you!!! We can't wait for Jentry to have a little cousin to play with!!!
I can't believe my little Elisha is going to be a mommy. You look so cute. I am so excited for you.
First, I hope it's ok that i stalk your blog :o) Next, I am so excited for you and hope things continue to go well! Babies are the best.
i love you. this post was wonderful. more than half way, and I am, frankly, proud of you for not having a nervous breakdown... because I think I'd probably have a nervous breakdown somewhere in there...
you know, because there is an alien in your stomach? :)
love you, Elisha Xanadu Jorgensen Brown.
(will there be a contest for your new blog name?)
Post a Comment