Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Proud Mama night

If you are like me or like my family, you'll realize I became a mom right after Christmas, when we adopted Dorri. She's been my little girl, that I love and adore, that I wake up earlier than I would like to on Saturdays and Sundays to feed her and let her outside. She is spoiled (more so by her dad though)and she makes our condo a home. She is such a good dog and is so well trained. Dorri has lots of tricks. She can sit and stay, she can catch balls and frisbees, she can army crawl pretty good (although I don't know that we have a command for that) but the one thing she struggles with is catching food. I've never understood this, she can practically do flips and catch the ball still in the air, but you throw a piece of popcorn at her, or a peanutt butter m&m and it usually just nails her in the head. Well last night I had sliced some cheese for our cheeseburgers and I had an extra piece so I thought I'd try to teach Dorri to catch once again. This time I gave her a count to prepare her, mock throw on one, mock throw on two, release on three... AND SHE CAUGHT IT!!! I was highly impressed but thought it might be a fluke so we practiced again, one, two, three... two times in a row! We worked our way down, one two caught it again, and then on the first throw. She might have been weirded out by my excitement (she gets that from her dad :)) but I was proud.

And cause everyone loves pictures, here is an adorable one that B took of her after she had caught and killed the ball multiple times.



In other proud mama moments, or proud daddy moments, B felt the baby kick for the first time last night!

No comments: